Alien Isolation.... Any good?

scojer

Supreme [H]ardness
I have enjoyed all Alien games so far. This one though, is by far the best, but you have to have patience, and know that death is lurking around every corner. The only thing I didn't like, was it went from outsmarting the alien, to seeing how long you could keep it away after you got the flamethrower. I think it changed the game too much.

KG-Prime90

Limp Gawd
It's pretty fun. Been playing it last few nights. Every time the Alien get's me i giggle like a school girl. He'll really sneak up on you and if you are getting into it it can startle you so that's fun. Damn robots are annoying though, and kind of freaky actually.
The ambiance is great. The only thing missing is the Alien doesn't have steaming breath and acid slobber, which is a shame, it really would have added to it. You can also tweak the engine xml for 4k-8k shadows and reflections and i saw a tweak for the Alien that supposedly makes him wander more than track you so he's less predictable.

Monkey God

Mangina Full of Sand
I replayed it again recently. Still a bit tedious and some of the scripted Alien events are frustrating but its a great game.

Cataulin

[H]ard|Gawd
You can also tweak the engine xml for 4k-8k shadows and reflections and i saw a tweak for the Alien that supposedly makes him wander more than track you so he's less predictable.

yep. I cant tell you how slightly less difficult the game got with that mod. Hes not close but not far enough to grab you if he hears alot of noise. Theres also a mod for exploding revolver ammo. I love using it on packs of humans to pull the alien to them.

KickAssCop

Supreme [H]ardness
I think I never made past the med labs (level 5 I think). Game was too much rinse and repeat, try this trick, that trick nonsense. Also too much sneaking around (was not enjoyable given I am an action fan). It also wasn't good kind of sneaking (like in Splinter Cell where you can improvise). Here, you sneak a certain way or you have an Alien dick up your ass.

UltraTaco

Gawd
Mates, no one will mention the creepiness of those sevastopol androids?

One moment is really creepy when it's dark in the room and eyes are glowing; you turn on flashlight and that android is sitting there watching you.

"Why not ask me about sevastopol safety protocols?"

Madness!! And the sound atmosphere is incręďìbĺə

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
Mates, no one will mention the creepiness of those sevastopol androids?

One moment is really creepy when it's dark in the room and eyes are glowing; you turn on flashlight and that android is sitting there watching you.

"Why not ask me about sevastopol safety protocols?"

Madness!! And the sound atmosphere is incręďìbĺə

NecroTaco?