alan wake xbox only ?

There are two conditions,

1) Yes it is Xbox only
2) If it ever comes out

Didn't Microsoft buy the title and force this, stupid not to release on PC as well. Good ol MS likes shooting themselves in the foot it seems.

Didn't Microsoft buy the title and force this, stupid not to release on PC as well. Good ol MS likes shooting themselves in the foot it seems.

Alan is awake? Whatever. I had high hopes for this game. Now its just console garbage that's late.

yup, this news came out some time ago :( it's sad... this was SUPPOSED to be one of the first true DirectX 10 titles. Hell, it's the reason I decided to build my Quad Core/8800GT rig (Remedy said it would be taking advantage of multiple cores)

Vista is now a thing of the past and it's 360 only.... garbage. I'm sure their hands are/were tied, but I lost a lot of respect for Remedy for going through with it. MS are scumbags too, but I can at least see their side of it

Oh well - I had just assumed that it would be PC in addition to consoles but if that's how they want to handle it then fine by me - I'll just drop my 50 bucks on a company that will put out a game on pc.

It is just ironic to see a game company like this considering that they are here now because of their pc games totally turn their backs on us and focus on the halo crowd like epic has. Either way, they can't possibly be doing well considering that Alan Wake is in the same conversation as Duke Nukem.

It might get released a year late and a dollar short. (hopefully)

But it may never come to PC. :(

nah, it'll be out this year (summer I believe)... still crappy though. If I buy another xbox (for natal) I'll probably grab it, but I was really looking forward to the increased IQ on a PC. Very lame

I'm not interested in console titles at all anymore - all of the games from this Fall look so much better on a PC that it's frightening. The 360 version of Arkham Asylum, in comparison with its PC counterpart, is just junk. How can anybody defend the console against that? And yet, if you visit a console forum, and write that, you'll get hundreds of people telling you that 'there's no need for a PC anymore... PCs are dead." Yeah whatever.

I'm not interested in console titles at all anymore - all of the games from this Fall look so much better on a PC that it's frightening. The 360 version of Arkham Asylum, in comparison with its PC counterpart, is just junk. How can anybody defend the console against that? And yet, if you visit a console forum, and write that, you'll get hundreds of people telling you that 'there's no need for a PC anymore... PCs are dead." Yeah whatever.

We all know that the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys! The gen of consoles are going to be so crappy compared to a i7/i5 powered 5000 or Fermi GPU based PC that its just sad. The gap makes the Grand Canyon look like a ditch in my back yard.

But consoles are where the devs are making their money and I'm one of the people that thinks that consoles are overall good for PC gaming in that devs can make their money on console games and the PC version is just gravy though no doubt they are stunting what can be done on a PC.

Some people like sitting on the comfortable couch playing on their big televisions. Sure you can do that with a PC if you really wanted to, but you'd have to invest more time and money building a HTPC capable of playing today's games. There is a certain convenience factor with consoles that you just don't get with the PC.

Don't get me wrong, I play my share of PC games (currently playing through Dragon Age), but it is actually very easy to justify playing games on a console IMO.

edit: Also, odds are the game will make it's way to the PC eventually. Several Xbox "exclusives" have found there way there in the past.

Fuck everyone involved with this game, is just about the best way I can sum up my feelings about this.

It looked amazing when in development for the PC all those years ago with neat new features like quad core physics optimisation back when practically no one even had quad core CPUs. Now they sold out to microsoft and its an xbox360 only title which is appropriate because now its old and most of what made it look impressive is now out dated.

Its just another promising game/IP thats been bought up and ruined by being made consolized.

Hell, it's the reason I decided to build my Quad Core/8800GT rig (Remedy said it would be taking advantage of multiple cores)

You do realized the promo videos of the game were sponsored by Intel, right? They did their deed for their sponsor and moved on to the easy solution: consoles.

I personally hope the game fails to be released, and the developers are forced into living under bridges and begging for spare change.

You do realized the promo videos of the game were sponsored by Intel, right? They did their deed for their sponsor and moved on to the easy solution: consoles.

I personally hope the game fails to be released, and the developers are forced into living under bridges and begging for spare change.

You sir, are an *&^@#$. Seriously. Going console only is easy. Moreover, THE DEVS ARE DOING WHAT MANAGEMENT WANTS THEM TO DO. They may not like it, but they need to eat, and a place to sleep.

Sick of people assuming the devs are the ones making the decisions and cursing at them. Blame the right people at least.

As for this being console only, who cares? A: Mass Effect 1 was XBox exclusive, made it to the PC. Why won't this? B: Consoles are easier to deal with. Less test surface in the end.

Blame no PC version on the 360. Microsoft wants it exclusive to 360 to get people to stay on or own their platform. If they put it on PC, that means PS3 owners can play it.

Blame no PC version on the 360. Microsoft wants it exclusive to 360 to get people to stay on or own their platform. If they put it on PC, that means PS3 owners can play it.

Yes, because the PS3 has DirectX 10? Or...wait one second. What the hell are you smoking?

PS3 fanboys ftl.

Oh no, not the couch argument again!

God if I had one dollar for every time a person had advanced the idea that playing a game on a console is more fun because you can recline in your couch then I'd be a rich man!

Oh no, not the couch argument again!

God if I had one dollar for every time a person had advanced the idea that playing a game on a console is more fun because you can recline in your couch then I'd be a rich man!

But... but... I like playing games on my recliner! I use a laptop! :(

Wait, last I read the PC version was on hold and all attention was being pushed to the Xbox version for release. I never read the PC version was ever 'cancelled'.

They're saying it's an Xbox exclusive,so I assume no PC version. They were touting it as the next Crysis when it was first announced ages ago,now if it ever gets released it'll be just more console crap.

They're saying it's an Xbox exclusive,so I assume no PC version. They were touting it as the next Crysis when it was first announced ages ago,now if it ever gets released it'll be just more console crap.

FFS, yes. Because ALL console games suck. THEY ALL DO.

If I had a dollar for every time someone chanted console crap, even with Obama killing the value of the dollar, I'd be RICH.

I don't consider all console games crap, but I do find most dedicated console games unfufilling or lacking in challenge.

I don't own a TV, I don't need a TV. I watch the news and the odd comedy style show. I have a USB stick with an antenna for that purpose.

I think taking a game that many PC users were excited over and making it a console exclusive is pretty crap.

FFS, yes. Because ALL console games suck. THEY ALL DO.

If I had a dollar for every time someone chanted console crap, even with Obama killing the value of the dollar, I'd be RICH.

Sorry but games designed for consoles are console crap. There are some major design compromises that have to be made and then a ton of small ones. The major ones are unchangeable and the developers usually don't even bother with the small ones (no mouse usage in menus etc...).

I bought a C2 Q6600 when I saw the Alan Wake preview where they showcased the physics processing they could do on the extra cores in the hopes that other games would soon be following.

Bastards.

I bought a C2 Q6600 when I saw the Alan Wake preview where they showcased the physics processing they could do on the extra cores in the hopes that other games would soon be following.

Bastards.

You too..I bought a Q6600 at launch anticipating its use by Alan Wake..Yea..MS supports PC gaming....Oh yeah..Wheres Gears 2 MS..Thanx for the support!..bastids..

I read that it is coming out on pc but later on maybe couple months later or like up to a year. They do this to sell more xbox consoles, its a little hidden, hustling, the publishers and such do to make more money etc.

Do you really think PS3 owners can't play games on their Xbox 360? lol

not if they don't own one (aka, they're forced to buy/rent a 360 if they want to play alan wake)

so they think a $260 game (AW+360) will sell better than a $50 (PC) game? To the niche group that has a PS3 but not a 360?

Sorry I just don't buy that. I have a different theory and its that the developer is out of time and out of money and since they can't finish the thing for both platforms, they can cut their losses and hope to break even on the 360. They had a way overly ambitious project and they are facing running into the same hole as their friends at 3D realms.

Sorry but games designed for consoles are console crap. There are some major design compromises that have to be made and then a ton of small ones. The major ones are unchangeable and the developers usually don't even bother with the small ones (no mouse usage in menus etc...).

I can point to ANY NUMBER of games that are awesome on the console. I can point to games made for PC and put on Console that are good. Yes, there ARE crappy console games. There are also crappy PC games. Plenty of BOTH.

so they think a $260 game (AW+360) will sell better than a $50 (PC) game? To the niche group that has a PS3 but not a 360?

Sorry I just don't buy that. I have a different theory and its that the developer is out of time and out of money and since they can't finish the thing for both platforms, they can cut their losses and hope to break even on the 360. They had a way overly ambitious project and they are facing running into the same hole as their friends at 3D realms.

Bit off more than they could chew? Not the first time? Also, they're making cuts. Something done in software development. It's a GOOD thing. It's what 3D Realms COULD NOT do. Also, the game doesn't cost 260. It's assumed you have a 360...and most people who play it WILL have one before they buy the game.

Bastards.

You bought hardware for an unreleased game. That didn't even have a release date...and was just a tech demo. Congrats, I hope you learned your lesson well.

This thread makes me want to scream "PC Tards." Seriously you people. WAHHHH they changed the game. Fucking shit happens, christ. Moreover, you're as bad as console tards who scream the PC sucks.

I like my 360. A LOT. I also like my PC. A LOT. They both have their virtues, and yes, the couch arguement DOES matter. My back after a few hours of COD4 on PC? Hurts like hell. My back after 4 hours on my 360? Fine. My couch is > than my desk chair. Also, large TV vs 20" monitor...I wonder which wins.

eh... I'm not really buying that especially since MS has been known to do this in the past. They want people to go to XBOX for it... simple as that :)

what good is owning a 360 (or PS3 for that matter) if you could play every title on the PC (or the competing console)? They have exclusives for a reason

I also have to agree with rampantandroid, there is NOTHING wrong with consoles. They're still a shit load of fun... especially when you're hanging out with friends and having a few beers. I like throwing jabs at friends as much as the next guy about how much "their" console sucks, but at the end of the day they're still a good source of entertainment

Last edited:
My back after a few hours of COD4 on PC? Hurts like hell. My back after 4 hours on my 360? Fine. My couch is > than my desk chair. Also, large TV vs 20" monitor...I wonder which wins.

So you bought a shitty desk chair and can't figure out how to plug your video card into your tv?

Funny how some of the people blaming microsoft for Xbox 360 exclusive hording, are the same people that argue the PS3 has more exclusives (they deduct any games that exist on the Xbox 360 console AND the PC, even though it doesn't exist on any other console):rolleyes:
Personally I think exclusives are crap, but I'm not advocating it's a good thing in another post when it favors my platform of choice.

Funny how some of the people blaming microsoft for Xbox 360 exclusive hording, are the same people that argue the PS3 has more exclusives (they deduct any games that exist on the Xbox 360 console AND the PC, even though it doesn't exist on any other console):rolleyes:

MS seems content to "buy up" PC game IP properties and lock them out as exclusive content. Even when they permit a PC release, it's not always simultaneous, and often the PC version has the tell tale signs of console compromises.

Sony actually devotes a lot more resources to creating new games and franchises for PS3, their first party studio effort is second to none, they employ far more in house console game programmers than the competition.

So you bought a shitty desk chair and can't figure out how to plug your video card into your tv?

hmmm, maybe my computer is too old to play the game, and I can't currently afford to upgrade my computer? hmmmmm? maybe? maybe?
not everybody has a new(ish) computer, you know.

This thread makes me want to scream "PC Tards." Seriously you people. WAHHHH they changed the game. Fucking shit happens, christ. Moreover, you're as bad as console tards who scream the PC sucks.

bwahaha.... this is so true!

Sony actually devotes a lot more resources to creating new games and franchises for PS3, their first party studio effort is second to none, they employ far more in house console game programmers than the competition.
And in this case exclusives are great, right? Which proves my ealier point in which you didn't bother quoting.

Which boils down to the specific people thinking:
MS making games exclusive to xbox = crap
Sony making games exclusive = A++.

End result both sucks in my opinion and please don't tell me Sony hasn't bought exclusive features in the past from other publishers.

Back