• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

alan wake xbox only ?

"Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience "Alan Wake" was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive.

I guess he didn't know you can hook up a desktop or laptop to an HDTV and play games with a gamepad. :rolleyes:
 
#1 Silly argument....some people like consoles...some people like PC...end of story.

#2 Xbox360 is a loud machine.

#3 Cost is fairly similar...anyone who argues otherwise is a fool...too many variables. Also, dont use the "Xbox360 is $200" argument. There are a lot of little extras that goes on top of the $200.

i have played to much mass effect 2 on my pc. i had that damn salarian scientist's voice in my head reading that.

anyways Microsoft should not give preferential treatment for the 360 again i don't know why Microsoft isn't in antitrust hell concerning it is a monopoly in pc gaming and its pushing people towards its craptastic console .
 
I remember the hype when they were initially demo'ing the game, the guy saying something about how it would use all of a quad-core CPU... fast forward 20 years and they're now scaling it down to run on a system that would basically allow the game to run fine on a PC with a dual-core and an 8xxx-series GeForce. That poor guy was probably heartbroken the day Microsoft walked into his office and reassigned him to the task of figuring out how to scale down the game to run optimally on the 360.
 
#1 Silly argument....some people like consoles...some people like PC...end of story.

#2 Xbox360 is a loud machine.

#3 Cost is fairly similar...anyone who argues otherwise is a fool...too many variables. Also, dont use the "Xbox360 is $200" argument. There are a lot of little extras that goes on top of the $200.

I'm an avid PC gamer, but my 360 cost me $200 sorry. All I did was plug it in to my PC monitor over HDMI. That $200 was a lot cheaper than my $1200 gaming PC.

edit. My 2 year old, $1200 gaming PC which I just had to upgrade with a new $300 video card, new motherboard and PSU 2 weeks ago to play current games. My point is, the $200 argument is perfectly valid because thats all it cost me. I paid a flat rate for my 360 a long time ago and never have to invest more money in order to keep it up to date. Do not be the fool here and pretend that optional features/hardware are required to play a game. Wireless, expensive TVs ... all of that is 100% optional.

Xbox 360 to existing computer monitor, $200.. Fact.
 
I'm an avid PC gamer, but my 360 cost me $200 sorry. All I did was plug it in to my PC monitor over HDMI. That $200 was a lot cheaper than my $1200 gaming PC.

edit. My 2 year old, $1200 gaming PC which I just had to upgrade with a new $300 video card, new motherboard and PSU 2 weeks ago to play current games. My point is, the $200 argument is perfectly valid because thats all it cost me. I paid a flat rate for my 360 a long time ago and never have to invest more money in order to keep it up to date. Do not be the fool here and pretend that optional features/hardware are required to play a game. Wireless, expensive TVs ... all of that is 100% optional.

Xbox 360 to existing computer monitor, $200.. Fact.

Congrats on your flat $200 purchase. You missed the boat, bon voyage.
 
Xbox 360 to existing computer monitor, $200.. Fact.

We really don't need to continue these arguments, but it's safe to say that anyone looking to play games already has a computer. If it's fairly recent, within the last three or so years old, you can usually add a $150-200 videocard that will play 99% of what's out there at 1680x1050 or more.
 
Last edited:
you can usually add a $150-200 videocard that will play 99% of what's out there at 1680x1050 or more.
Nailed it.
Worth mentioning, that $150-200 video card at 1680x1050 will also look much, much better than the Xbox360's graphics.

I wouldn't pay $200 for an Xbox360, nor would I pay $200 for a 5-year old gaming PC. It's the same idea.
 
For all PC owners (I am one as well)...PC gaming does not bring in the sales of consoles. Get over it and realize that for the time being the money is in making console games.

Still not a good reason to not ever release the game on PC, especially after using it to promote Vista. They could release the PC version a year later. That would not cannibalize upfront 360 sales and not completely screw over PC gamers.

Will there be any chance for players with Win XP to play the game?

Markus Maki, Remedy: It is best to consider Alan Wake to be a Vista exclusive game.
 
In my opinion the whole console vs PC thing boils down to M$ trying to control another revenue model. I think they realized that more games sold for the xbox would cover hardware costs at the beginning, and the 1 billion they set aside for the red ring of death issue. The more control over gaming they have it's better for the stock holders, and superior tech of the PC has nothing to do with it. Owning directx gives M$ another nail in the coffin for game dev's, they rely on it. If game Dev's started using openGl more, M$ would be less influential in their development cycles.

I'm a PC gamer myself, though I do own a 360, and it frustrates me to no end. however until something knocks the current paradigm down we are stuck with it.

I loved the Max Payne series and was looking forward to Alan wake, will never buy it for 360!
 
I'm an avid PC gamer, but my 360 cost me $200 sorry. All I did was plug it in to my PC monitor over HDMI. That $200 was a lot cheaper than my $1200 gaming PC.

edit. My 2 year old, $1200 gaming PC which I just had to upgrade with a new $300 video card, new motherboard and PSU 2 weeks ago to play current games. My point is, the $200 argument is perfectly valid because thats all it cost me. I paid a flat rate for my 360 a long time ago and never have to invest more money in order to keep it up to date. Do not be the fool here and pretend that optional features/hardware are required to play a game. Wireless, expensive TVs ... all of that is 100% optional.

Xbox 360 to existing computer monitor, $200.. Fact.

You'll still need to purchase a TV for that $200 Xbox 360, even if not a $2000 60" monster HDTV.

I'm sure you will end up purchasing a hard drive as well, maybe a wi-fi adaptor. These are expensive accessories and don't forget about paying for online gameplay. Games are also generally more expensive on the 360 than PC. This closes the price gap between the PC and 360 by a bit. Its not a $1000 difference as you think. And then, the PC can do much more than a 360.
 
Let's not forget one simple thing here....
Microsoft boasted the ease of creating games on the 360 due to it being VERY IDENTICAL to creating games on a PC, so there is no reason they can't be doing this for the PC crowd. Except for the simple fact that as microsoft has said before. If they release both versions the PC versions will eat into the profit of the 360 game.

I owned a 360 for two months back in '07 to see all the hype and personally i'd rather have gone and had my wisdom teeth pulled again. That is just my opinion of course, I would rather have the freedom of my pc and be able to create maps/mods, etc.. and see what others bring to the table. Not being forced to pay for every little download and to pay to play a game "online" (mmo's not counted obviously)
 
Back
Top