AKG K7xx back on Massdrop at $199

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
Hey all,

I went back and forth between whether to put this in the deals section or here, but I felt it might reach more people here.

I know the K7xx is very highly regarded for its price, but hard to get, and only pops up on Massdrop every once in a while.

Well, it is back. I just joined the drop. Hoping it goes forward!

Massdrop x AKG K7XX Audiophile Headphone

Think you would be better off with ATH or Sennheiser for dynamics or go with whatever planar magnetic within your price range. The only reasonably priced AKG worth buying was K501 and they killed that years ago.

I think far more interesting is the $199 Sennheiser HD6XX drop at $199...

Hmm. I didn't see that one. It isn't active right now, but it starts on election day. I may cancel my AKG order and join that drop instead.

Ive read they sound comparably under ideal circumstances, but that the AKG is much picker about its source.

The AKG do directional sound better than the Senns. Just a larger sound stage. Much more space there. Less bass and yeah it does like a good source. However, I had one just running out of a Creative Z and had no issues gaming with them.

Senns are better for most music though.

I'll just echo what I said in the other thread. Speakers and headphones are extremely subjective and you can't really return things to massdrop.

So don't listen to any "lol these are better for sure". That never got anyone anywhere.

I just got the HiFiMan 350 from Massdrop. I'm a novice when it comes to headphones, so a neighbor who's a serious headphone geek recommended them as a good start. Now, he's pushing me to join this AKG drop. :p

I just got the HiFiMan 350 from Massdrop. I'm a novice when it comes to headphones, so a neighbor who's a serious headphone geek recommended them as a good start. Now, he's pushing me to join this AKG drop. :p

Aren't you supposed to say something like "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite headphone on the citadel?" :D

Back