Aion Release

They couldn't do it because they'd be missing out on a lot of sweet, sweet cash from people that were bypassing on the game because of GG.

I could be wrong on that though. :D

except now they will lose even more money if hacks, bots, and cheats take off. gg was not terribly effective (and could be disabled with some effort) but it was better than nothing. in chinese aion you could just land somewhere in the abyss and be killed by speed hacking bots with no chance to defend yourself. if that type of thing happens in the na release, expect this game to fail faster than age of conan.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

3pm preselect, it's 3:34 now and the servers still aren't up :mad: . Didn't they learn from open beta?

Last edited:
Damn it, took off a couple of hours early from work to reserve my name, and it's been almost an hour and still can't log in, server keeps kicking me out...

Anyone able to log in at all?

I got in at 3:41pm and took the following names on Asmo/Israphel :D:

Wind
Flame
Slice
Dice
Phoenix
Tempest
Ice
Fire
Doom
End
Attorneyatlawl
Forsalebyowner (auction mule)

I had six pre-orders total, two of which will remain active in the live game :p , so I could reserve a total of twelve names. I missed out on Storm which I wanted instead of End, but oh well :) 11/12 of my preferred names isn't half bad ;)!

Wind
Flame
Slice
Dice
Phoenix
Tempest
Ice
Fire
Doom
End
Attorneyatlawl

I had six pre-orders total, two of which will remain active in the live game :p , so I could reserve a total of twelve names. I missed out on Storm which I wanted instead of End, but oh well :) 11/12 of my preferred names isn't half bad ;)!

Why do you have/need/want 6 pre-orders?

Wind
Flame
Slice
Dice
Phoenix
Tempest
Ice
Fire
Doom
End
Attorneyatlawl

umm 6 preorders? wow, just wow.... shakes head in wonder......:confused:

I will be playing on Zikel. I am ready for work to be over so I can go reserve my names.

Delete toons during headstart, remake on my real account for relative and I, and don't do anything but let the extra pre-orders expire = win. It cost me $10 total to get the extra pre-order codes off of ebay :), I only have two CE copies ordered between us for actual purchases.

Wind
Flame
Slice
Dice
Phoenix
Tempest
Ice
Fire
Doom
End
Attorneyatlawl

You forgot to reserve Noob.

they did NOT get rid of it..they just DISABLED it for launch...do not be misled

they have every intention of using it once the 'problems' are 'fixed'

they just couldn't do it before launch.
I understand that. I do not believe they will ever "fix" it. Assuming they can make it work right with my mouse and keyboard drivers, and not randomly crash when I alt-tab, I can live with it... or I may cancel, who knows?

hahaha! and in this case it couldn't be more true.

how come so many of you aion players keep going on the asmo side?!?

Dude! haven't you seen how badass the Emodians look?! All dark... and... emoish! Yes! :p

I may go to the Emodian side because I'm pretty tired of playing Elyos like I have the other 6+ betas I've been in for Aion. Or maybe not.

I'm guessing Aion will sell very well at release, have great numbers for the first couple months, then the numbers will go down faster than a cheerleader on prom night.

I think the best part of Aion is the community manager

lani-blazier.jpg

I'm guessing Aion will sell very well at release, have great numbers for the first couple months, then the numbers will go down faster than a cheerleader on prom night.

I think the best part of Aion is the community manager

lani-blazier.jpg

She told me she wanted to meet up with me. So we have a date tomorrow night. Then on sunday we're playing Aion together. So obviously I had to buy this game.

I made a mage on Triniel named vtwin elyos side.

Iratus and Mortdecai on Perento [EU]

Yes I'm Asmo, yes Iratus looks Emo, jeez even the character selection has him looking all miserable.

I was tempted to make the Templar look like a complete freak but I just know that by the time he's geared up I'd just be sick of looking at it.

I might have to trash the mage though, way too pretty for a guy.

I was about to pre-order, but decided I wanted to graduate college.

I was about to preorder, but realised that it was tedious and unremarkable.

Wind
Flame
Slice
Dice
Phoenix
Tempest
Ice
Fire
Doom
End
Attorneyatlawl

Haha! Oh lord.

So now that I know everyone's character names...is this game any good?

It's pretty standard fare as far as MMOs go. There's a fairly large Aion thread here if you want to skim for what [H] peeps think.

Is this playable today? with the preorder?
thanks
Im having trouble launching it right now.

Aion won't be playable until 3p.m. Eastern today (Sunday) if you have a Pre-order key attached to your account.

Beta key won't get you in.

Is this playable today? with the preorder?
thanks
Im having trouble launching it right now.

Yeah what Rush said. You can buy it on Steam and get in today for the early start. Otherwise you'll need to wait until the 22nd to buy the game then.

I'm rolling an Asmodian Chanter on Zikel named Audiocow as my main. Still looking for a Legion if anyone is interested.

Servers are probably crying right now... their websites are down and unable to log in.

Back