AIO hybrid still dumps hot air inside the case?

beheo2019

Bad Trader
I saw a fan on evga hybrid model. Does it mean the card still dumps hot air inside the case?

I saw a fan on evga hybrid model. Does it mean the card still dumps hot air inside the case?

Unless I'm missing something the hybrids were "blower" style and probably only really used to cool VRM heatsinks and removing whatever ambient hot air the WC doesn't get. It should push the heat out the back. Yes, you will still get some hot air coming from the back of the card.

Corsair kits used to (they still might) use blower style fans, evga does not. The heat is minimal as it is just for VRM cooling.

How much depends on where you put the radiator.

I'm using an NZXT Kraken G12 w/ a Corsair H60. The front fan cools the power circuitry which dumps a little heat into the case. I have the radiator set up as an exhaust so the majority of the heat gets dumped out the back of my case.

My 10gb NIC and motherboard VRMs run far hotter than the VRMS on my gpu...

The hybrid cooler on my EVGA 1080 does exactly what kirbyrj said, as far as I can tell.

It looks like 980, 1070, and 1080 had a blower fan model. 1080ti and newer cards appear to have a regular fan as well as some 1080 models.

It looks like 980, 1070, and 1080 had a blower fan model. 1080ti and newer cards appear to have a regular fan as well as some 1080 models.

Well, even without the circular blower fan, if the regular fan blows air through the hybrid shroud, the easiest place for the air to escape is the rear exhaust which on EVGA cards is pretty wide open.

The vast majority of the heat goes through the radiator that also has a fan on it which you mount so it blows out the case. The fan directly on the card barely does anything.

Back