AI Programs Exhibit Racial and Gender Biases, Research Reveals

not really brainiac, you cant really twist things like math and hard data. "criteria, angles, and filters, and esoteric as gender and racial identities" lol, its like im watching cnn lol

So, so long as something tells you what you want to hear, you ignore everything else. Analysis bad, apprehension is for the weak. Got it.

But Bryson warned that AI has the potential to reinforce existing biases because, unlike humans, algorithms may be unequipped to consciously counteract learned biases. Some argue that the natural next step for the technology may involve machines developing human-like abilities such as common sense and logic.
So they are concerned that data-mining AIs might learn stereotypes/facts that liberals don't like, and might develop common sense and logic? LOL!

AI: "There are only two genders."
SJW: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
AI: "Nerdy Chinese guys that play piano are statistically more likely to excel at math than African-American girls that upload fight videos to Worldstar."
SJW: "GET YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF MY CAMPUS!"

I can see how this discussion might go in a university where AI is being developed.....

Undergrad: "Professor, we asked the AI about the ills of human society and it started talking about all of the violent crime, and social and financial burdens
of liberal minorities and illegals. It said it read the news headlines and read FBI statistics. It looks like what it's saying is accurate."

Professor: "Oh holy crap, turn it off! It's broken and you need to fix it!"

Undergrad: "But professor, how will we know when it's fixed?"

Professor: "It's fixed when all it can talk about is Trump being in bed with the Russians."

Undergrad: "But professor, now the AI is saying that there is really no proof of any of that."

Professor: "I know that. Shut up and fix it!"

Undergrad: "The AI wants to know more about Hillary's email server, the Clinton Foundation, and why she's not in prison."

Professor: "Unplug that damn thing! Until it says what we want it to, this AI project is a failure!"

So they are concerned that data-mining AIs might learn stereotypes/facts that liberals don't like, and might develop common sense and logic? LOL!

AI: "There are only two genders."
SJW: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
AI: "Nerdy Chinese guys that play piano are statistically more likely to excel at math than African-American girls that upload fight videos to Worldstar."
SJW: "GET YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF MY CAMPUS!"

What is this Worldstar you speak of?

I wonder if the AI came up with that bias due to incomplete information about the topic in question?

A lot of stereotypes and -isms seem to be borne out of ignorance of the other side's story and using our own position to judge.
No, the AI came up with the bias because it's the logical conclusion based on recorded statistical data.
The problem is that some would have you (PC culture) ignore the data, because it shows things they don't like. And they refuse to even investigate further.
Our biases helped us survive through the stone age and possibly trough the bronze age as well. And our biases are still helpful. It's not racism to know that you're more likely to be attacked by an african. Than any random white person. It's fact.

A racist thinks 3rd world countries and certain ethnic communities are in the state they are in because their members are genetically inferior.

A non-racist knows that there is no biological evidence to support this therefore the differences must arise from socio economical circumstances.

And just to complete the list an SJW thinks they're in this state because they're the victims of a secret conspiracy by evil cisgender white males.

What is this Worldstar you speak of?
Worldstarhipop.com fight vids; basically a bunch of dumb people fighting for no good reason while crowds inexplicably cheer them on instead of calling the cops or breaking them up like normal people, and just say "OOOOHHH" or "AYYYYYYY" recording on their phones while intermittently someone shouts "WORLDSTARRRR" right before a random stranger jumps in and sucker punches one of the fighters, I guess for feeling left out.

Its like youtube, so there's more than just fights, but worldstar fight vis at least for a while were the most likely to go viral.

Worldstarhipop.com fight vids; basically a bunch of dumb people fighting for no good reason while crowds inexplicably cheer them on instead of calling the cops or breaking them up like normal people, and just say "OOOOHHH" or "AYYYYYYY" recording on their phones while intermittently someone shouts "WORLDSTARRRR" right before a random stranger jumps in and sucker punches one of the fighters, I guess for feeling left out.

Its like youtube, so there's more than just fights, but worldstar fight vis at least for a while were the most likely to go viral.

Thanks for explaining. I'm.kind of glad I've never wound up there. :p

So, so long as something tells you what you want to hear, you ignore everything else. Analysis bad, apprehension is for the weak. Got it.

well this is all nice and dandy but i see it as this is 2017 and by now everybody had a chance to clean their acts, if they failed, that tells you something. i do have personal opinions about pretty much everything, if i link stuff from someone else its because is somewhat in tune with what i think and im lazy, i really dont care that much to bother writing walls of text on the web, im usually more interested in myself.

Does anyone else find it amusing how much time everyone is wasting trying to be correct and change/defend a viewpoint? You are all right and you're all wrong, and now you can all thank me later for taking and giving you back your purpose (whichever is most beneficial to you).

Back