• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ah, the december lull.

Wenglish

Gawd
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
566
So who else is experiencing a December drop in production? Or, more specifically in my case, an away from school boxen production drop.

I finally wasn't going to have one, as I wasn't planning on going anywhere for the semester break. And now I'm back home unexpectedly--and down to just the uniprocessor client on my laptop. I might just have to borg the old P4 and dual P3s for kicks =p

Some whoever I passed in the past few weeks, here's your chance to mow me down :D


 
I might be losing 3 of my q9550 boxes soon, they were supposed to be spare servers but it looks like we'll be needing to stick them into production sooner rather than later. That'll knock about 15k ppd off my production.

 
Mine may or may not come. I'll have some drop as I put everything back to stock speeds while I'm away, just to ensure max stability. I'm leaving my rigs on tonight when I leave for Jersey for a few weeks, but with a major winter storm moving into Washington tonight and through the weekend, all bets are off, and all my machines apart from my laptop may lose power til the first week of January.

 
I might be losing 3 of my q9550 boxes soon, they were supposed to be spare servers but it looks like we'll be needing to stick them into production sooner rather than later. That'll knock about 15k ppd off my production.


How are you getting 5k PPD out of each Q9550 out of curiosity?
 
Lull? Nope! The students are done with class this week. That means I'm finally going to kick out the GPU client to 15 of my lab machines with 8800GS cards. The 2nd half of Dec and 1st week of January ought to be big for production.

 
No lull here. I run my own two boxes at home. Power bill is mine. Hardware bill is mine. So all the points I get per wu are MINE! :p
 
I might have a lull if my buddy doesn't bring his desktop home becuase his 4870 is folding for me, but both of my 8800GTs are going to keep cranking.

 
Nothing will change for me, just going up :) The joys of being a worker instead of student.
 
December lulz?

lulz.jpg
 
Mine may or may not come. I'll have some drop as I put everything back to stock speeds while I'm away, just to ensure max stability. I'm leaving my rigs on tonight when I leave for Jersey for a few weeks, but with a major winter storm moving into Washington tonight and through the weekend, all bets are off, and all my machines apart from my laptop may lose power til the first week of January.

Well crap, jinxed myself. My computers all died a half hour ago. IRC bots aren't signing back in and FAHMON isn't updating itself. So much for hoping for the best :D
 
Well crap, jinxed myself. My computers all died a half hour ago. IRC bots aren't signing back in and FAHMON isn't updating itself. So much for hoping for the best :D
Got a few gremlins of my own to deal with, so I guess it's lulz time for me too. :rolleyes:
 
Knock on wood I've been 100% stable since thanks giving. I've been working installing new drivers on a few machines that have not been producing at peak, but I'm still keeping my head above teh 100k mark with out any hardware investments.

 
Nothing will change for me, just going up :) The joys of being a worker instead of student.

I have to agree with the "notin' gonna' change for me", but I gotta' say the "worker" thing is a little over rated. :D

I understand what you meant bro Xilikon, but just think how smart those students are gonna' be when they do join the workforce. Besides, from what I understand, sometimes going to school is more work than "coal mining" :confused:

Folding and WCGing for the CURE


 
yup nothings changing for me except adding more systems to my WCG account :p woot woot!
 
My lone 9600GT it's running anymore games... so it's full on folding throughout the break. no lul here.
 
Back
Top