AGP "Low Profile" Help

flaiodanny

n00b
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
10
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I have a few questions I was hoping I could get answered.

I have a 1.5 year old Dell Desktop, and it uses "low profile" PCI and AGP cards because the case is so small. The low profile PCI cards I use are 3" wide, and I am trying to find a somewhat good AGP graphics card that has a low profile in that the end is only 3" wide. Now, I cannot find any that are like that. Can someone give me the name of a good graphics card that has a low profile so that the whole card has a width of 3"?

Now if I can find an AGP card to fit in my case, is it possible that I can use dual monitors by using one port on the AGP card and the one port of my integrated Intel graphics? If I am not clear enough (it is hard to explain), then please say so and I can try and explain it better.
 
So does this card fit that "low profile" form factor with an edge of 3"? I don't think it looks like it. Dual monitor outputs along with S-video can't fit in 3", can they? If it is then I definitely think I will be buying it. I would be able to run dual monitors with it, correct? One DVI and one VGA?
 
Well I kind of figured out that the above card isn't really a low profile, but this one will fit with the included faceplate. Now, if I do get this one, is there anyway that I can use the integrated graphics chip on my motherboard and this AGP card at the same time with dual displays? So one display is plugged into the card and one is plugged into the VGA port on my motherboard.
 
The cards that look like they are low profile, but have a full size bracket on the end are ususally low profile compatible with a replacement bracket. Though you usually lose one of the video connections in the process.
 
Back
Top