AGP club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running winxp.

I downloaded the coreavc and now my HD doesn't stutter anymore....didn't even know i needed a HD codec/decoder...

thanks for the info.

Last edited:
I d wana join as the secretary of history cause im currently running on a viper mark II 2mb agp cause my 7600 GT broke down and I now have to wait till i got my salary so i can buy an new pc ;)

edit: btw this is my first post on this forum, hope it will be many more LOL

I'm getting set to retire from the AGP club. Just ordered a 4870 and new parts to put together a new system. It will be replacing an x1650 pro AGP card.

bump.

This thread seems a few months stagnite.
I am now on my...8th 9th or 10th agp and tenth year,
my 2600 pro died to an esd and fan unhooked (I am the dummy there) and it made it to over 10000 hours. Iam wrokingon an rma, it wil be a piece for yet another 865 matx system I want a relative to use.

My latest card is 55nm the ati 3650. the low power mode is very very low, but nice. It brings small waves if you look close at the crt, on the low power mode, like my first ATI agp did in 1999. kinda ironic, as this may be my last agp system...;)

when the 865matx is together, I will remind of agp not dead yet here.

and avivo and hdmi work now in vista, while many claimed it cannot in alot of scenarios. its fantastic.

I'm still running my HD 3650 AGP along with my Socket 478 P4 and 2 GB RAM; Windows 7's just great with this config... and a GeForce 3 TI 500 in my Linux box^^

I just bought a used 6600GT for $10. Will go into my 2nd box that I will make into a Win98 system for the few games that have problems even in compatibility mode.

Ordered my new pc today. It'll have an HD 5770, replacing my agp X800 XL.

Farewell agp club!

I'm limping along with a Ti4200 believe it or not. I had to put my 4850 in my wifes computer so the 4200 came out of the closet and back into my computer. (I've got one of the mobo's that has both an AGP and a PCIe)

I'm getting ready to part out my computer that has a 3850 AGP card. I tried searching the for sale threads, but couldn't find any recent prices. What is a Sapphire HD 3850 AGP card worth right now?

i think i can join :) i have an old Socket 754 rig running an ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 8x AGP card :)

I'm limping along with a Ti4200 believe it or not. I had to put my 4850 in my wifes computer so the 4200 came out of the closet and back into my computer. (I've got one of the mobo's that has both an AGP and a PCIe)

What CPU?

Do you mind running some benchmarks in games the ti4200 can run? I'd love to see what a modern cpu + older gpu can do. EX: Half life 2.

actually I'm AGP 3 out of 4 in the house if you include my wife's rig.:) Welcome to any new members and hello to old members in 2010!:)

I just added an HD2600pro to my brother's older AGP system for $33 shipped. Seemed like the perfect price/performance for his aging CPU/system (XP 2600+ @ 2.4GHz). Allows him to play COD4 and L4D2 fine at medium settings.

http://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-VT2...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264260653&sr=8-1
They raised the price $6 since I bought it, but I still think its a great buy to give a little life to an older AGP system.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Rage 128 32MB
Radeon 7000 32MB
Radeon 9000 64MB
Radeon 9200 128MB
Radeon 9600SE 128MB
Radeon 9600XT 128MB
Radeon X800GTO (16 pipeline) 256MB
Riva TnT2 M64 32MB
GeForce FX 5200 64bit 128MB
2x S3 Savage 4 (16MB & 8MB)
3x SiS 6326 (all 8MB)
Cirrus Logic 5465 Laguna 4MB RDRAM

Last edited:
Awesome, I still have an old agp system I never sold off. Got the damn thing up to a 6800gt before I had to switch over to PCI-E.

Still kicking it with the system in my sig. Just OCed the 7800gs a bit. Got another 1k points in 3dMark2005.

I got a P4 3.2Ghz system with a 1900XT AGP in it to run older games. I guess that makes me a member. :D

I'm currently running an ATI Radeon X850 Pro flashed to an ATI Radeon X850 XT (including the pipelines unlocked). I can run at XT PE speeds but I start getting mild artifacting which got too annoying for me.

Running my Asus A8V with a BFG Nvidia 6800 Ultra OC.

Planning to switch that out with another AGP that can stream blu-rays more smoothly.. not sure which one yet though..

Running my Asus A8V with a BFG Nvidia 6800 Ultra OC.

Planning to switch that out with another AGP that can stream blu-rays more smoothly.. not sure which one yet though..

Instead of sinking money into that machine, assuming you're using ATX parts and the PSU is still good... I'd get a new cpu, mobo, and ram for about $125

Instead of sinking money into that machine, assuming you're using ATX parts and the PSU is still good... I'd get a new cpu, mobo, and ram for about $125

agreed, at this point you'd spend more on JUST the piece of shit AGP card than getting an entire ram, mobo, and cpu that support Pci-e, you know, something worth spending your money on at this point

I guess I'm in. I've got a Nvidia 6800Ultra running in my secondary machine.

agreed, at this point you'd spend more on JUST the piece of shit AGP card than getting an entire ram, mobo, and cpu that support Pci-e, you know, something worth spending your money on at this point

Thanks for the suggestions!! i've always been contemplating on upgrading... i guess i'll start looking around for mobo/cpu/ram!!!

Wow I am surprised this thread is still active :). Still have a system running an ATI firegl x3!(the same one from post 1!)

Last edited:
Thought i was up here, like years ago. Oh well. still sporting the 6800 in wifeys, MX4000 in the server, ATI Rage 128 Pro in kids (think thats teh name).
Soooo 3 right now i think...

Still running my ATi 9000. I had a x700 but it kicked the bucket. I still don't see a reason to upgrade my whole system yet. I think I will get the HD3870 and mix out the cpu. See sig. Memory is maxed. I don't play alot of games anymore. And if i do, it's alright for them to play on med. I don't know how this 9000 is able to play need for speed most wanted, on almost max settings. I still remember when my motherboard was the "it. I still would be running my Abit KX7-333r if i did not overclock it to the max and burnout the PSU and power port on the board.

Last edited:
Sadly I retired my agp rig just last month. When the IDE HDD failed I looked at the cost of replacing it and realized there was no longer any point sinking money into it.

radeon 7000 32
fire gl gx1 128 mb (9700 pro knock off)
quadro fx 3000 256 (5900 ultra knockoff)
rage 128 pro 16 mb

mostly for testing on older pc's

I have a older ati radeon on a epox nforce2 board. so I guess I'm in the club :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back