AGP club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably be selling my x850xt now that I'm going c2d, so I guess this means I'm out of the club. :p

Ok heres my current run down of AGPs that i own:

ATI X800 Pro (my system)
ATI 9600Pro (sisters system)

and heres the card that i have that arnt in use:

EDIT: I forgot my trusty FX5200 :eek:

Geforce 4 MX440
Geforce 4 MX440 SE
Geforce 4 MX400
(what can i say...im a Geforce 4 fan :p)
27 x ATI 8mb cards (that is the actuall number lol)
TNT 2

Theres a couple others that i cant think of right this second too.

P.S.....if the VP doesnt show up....i put first dibs as VP :p

I think it's about time AGP made a comeback. PCI-e has had its time in the limelight, now all it needs to do is find out the pleasures of late nights and excessive alcohol and AGP will be ready to jump back in there.

I think it's about time AGP made a comeback. PCI-e has had its time in the limelight, now all it needs to do is find out the pleasures of late nights and excessive alcohol and AGP will be ready to jump back in there.

well... agp probably won't make a comeback, not sure though, I doubt we will see dx10 on agp also. But we never know :)

I really think he meant high-End cards

I'm sure he did, however that was not specified, and the card I linked is a DX10 compatible AGP card, And if I remember correctly, no more than a couple months ago there were several threads here full of people claiming that there would never be such a card.....

I own an x800XL agp 8x with 256mb which still rests on my downstairs pc, I still love it as much as the 8800 ultra.

I'm sure he did, however that was not specified, and the card I linked is a DX10 compatible AGP card, And if I remember correctly, no more than a couple months ago there were several threads here full of people claiming that there would never be such a card.....

actually I meant any dx10 agp cards so high or low. hehe you proved me wrong digital :) But $90 for a dx10 card and 256mb and agp?! pretty cheap if you ask me. The only downside is that it only has gddr2

eh looks like this thread is dying..... hows everybody doing? :) lets keep this thread alive please :D

That was the first post ive seen in here for awhile lol.....

As for me....im lookin at the Radeon 2600 AGP card.....price is dropping radicaly and its lookin better and better every day lol..

Ill get you a link in a minute :)

hey wasup dragonslayer :) looks like this thread isn't dead after all :)*close though lol*. Thats cool :) sure if you can provide link that will be great want to check it out :D. Lets see if anymore of our members will reply :)

I sure hope that they will reply......Never Let AGP DIE :eek::eek::)

I will say this......with my X800PRO.....it hasnt failed me one bit playing games.....it chokes Alittle bit with UT3 demo.....but COD4....smooooooth :cool:

Im very surprised by this card.....its like its not a normal card at all

If your a member.....and see this......Please Let us know your still out there :)

Still have an ATI x800XL and does pretty good. Waiting to receive COD4 to see if it will play it fine using decent settings. So far I can play the demo smoothly with almost everything cranked up/on.

Would like to upgrade my CPU, currently have a Barton 2500+ running at 2.2GHz, but don't feel like getting a new video card (PCIe) since this one seems to still do a good job.

I've passed down a few older computers to my little kids that are sporting the agp cards...Currently I have an Asus 6800 GT and an XFX 7600 GT. Both cards run BF2 all day long.

hmm ...let's see ...these are what I have running right now that I can think of off the top of my head

ATi:

Rage 128 x3
9800 Pro
9700 Pro
9600XT
9600 Pro x2
9600 AIW
9500 Pro x2
9250 256mb
9000se 128mb
8500le 64mb

nVidia:

GeForce 3 128mb
Ti200 128mb
Ti4200 128mb x3
Ti4400 x 2
FX 5900 Ultra
MX4400 x3
6600GT

so hows every one doing now? :) happy thanksgiving*mmm turkey* :D.. well one day early lol, Im planning on getting a ati 3870 to replace my 8800gts and still keep it for back up usage.. oh im still running my firegl x3 in my amd comp ;)

Im doin good....AGP is still kickin it even with my new/used 19" LCD at native res of 1280-1024 or somthin lol.

Sadly im going to have to redo my windows installation :( getting worse and worse every day :(

BUT....TG is tomorrow and we have a nice turkey to cook up so it will have to wait :p

Im doin good....AGP is still kickin it even with my new/used 19" LCD at native res of 1280-1024 or somthin lol.

Sadly im going to have to redo my windows installation :( getting worse and worse every day :(

BUT....TG is tomorrow and we have a nice turkey to cook up so it will have to wait :p

turkey today :D hehe that sucks about your windows.. for some reason today.. when I started up my comp*vista ultimate 64bit*... my time was changed to january 1, 2004 2am :rolleyes: so I had to go into bios and change it to correct time and crap... oh and this is a legimate copy of vista that I had bought so not pirated :). How is everyone else doing? :p

i sure hope this thread isn't dead yet, lets revive it! :) talk anything you want thats agp related! :D

Is there any new agp cards coming out? My x800xl is still kickin, but need to upgrade my current gpu, i bought crysis and didnt run well, but crysis fucking sucks.

someone please leave the AGP club so I can have your X1950 pro AGP card for free ;)

well...im still here.....but in late december/ early january.....im going with a GTX :eek:

But....im still going to be usin my X800PRO in my Folding rig for Team 33....its crunchin as i type this message :):):)

I will keep it for as long as it is stable running then i will just have to decomision it.....but im keeping that card......its played so many of the new games that im not letting it go....but....Quad Core is calling my name and im going to have the money for it :)

P.S....EVERYBODY NEEDS TO REPORT IN :eek::eek::eek::cool::p

*raises hand*

6600GT on 2.3GHz Barton. Its still a regular workhorse and does its folding quite happily.

someone please leave the AGP club so I can have your X1950 pro AGP card for free ;)

I'm leaving the AGP club in about 1 week when my 8800GT gets here. Grabbed my brother's computer for free, sports 2GB PC5300 and a P4 @3.6Ghz and has a PCI-E slot.

My old rig was a P4 @ 3ghz w/ 2GB PC3200 (DDR) so I should get a little boost there, big boost will be the 8800GT up from an HIS x1950pro 512mb OC, but the bad news is I'm selling it!! $150 on good ol' Craig's list, I actually got hits at $170 but nothing materialized....can't believe the way this card holds it's value, I'll miss it and I'll miss ATI...3 generations of cards for me.

Last but not least, I'm going to miss the AGP club, loved AGP cards and felt they were phased out way before their time.

LONG! LIVE! AGP!

I'm still using Radeon 9800 PRO. It runs BF2 fine but lags in multiplayer when theres lot of players.

Whats the fastest AGP card out there?
I'm thinking of getting X1950Pro 512MB DDR3 or 7600GS?

I have my eye on Sapphire X1950Pro. Pictures shows the card uses two 4 pin molex power connectors. Does it require two connections to work? My PSU doesn't have enough connectors then :(

I have my eye on Sapphire X1950Pro. Pictures shows the card uses two 4 pin molex power connectors. Does it require two connections to work? My PSU doesn't have enough connectors then :(
I've got a Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB AGP. I believe it does require both molexes plugged in but I haven't tried with just one yet. I've still yet to put my card to good use...

On another note, I heard rumblings about an HD 3850 AGP in the works. Anyone else read about it?

I've got a Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB AGP. I believe it does require both molexes plugged in but I haven't tried with just one yet. I've still yet to put my card to good use...

On another note, I heard rumblings about an HD 3850 AGP in the works. Anyone else read about it?

Closest thing i found was an article on the inq. from the 6th stating AMD is preparing to launch the 38xx series for AGP.

I wouldnt be very surprised to see a 38xx AGP variant i would be surprised if it is released before the spring though.

woot! the thread isn't dead after all :D sweet, yea ati got dx10 agp cards now. Not sure how well it'll run crysis though. haha dragonslayer, well you can still stay in this club :)

woot! the thread isn't dead after all :D sweet, yea ati got dx10 agp cards now. Not sure how well it'll run crysis though. haha dragonslayer, well you can still stay in this club :)

No clue on the ATI card.....but i wouldnt ever do anything close to not using my Beloved X800PRO.....unusual card.....COD4 looks really good on it......it will always be in service until the day that it dies.....then ill have all my other 50 some AGPs to be kicking :eek:

Glad to see this thread get more active :)

Harley

P.S. Live On AGP......we will NEVER forget the day AGP saved the day...(making us stop playing games at low FPS that is :):):D )

Haven't been on my AGP rig in awhile...I left her behind at the parents house when I moved. Once I move again I guess I'll bring her along again and put more time on her.

No clue on the ATI card.....but i wouldnt ever do anything close to not using my Beloved X800PRO.....unusual card.....COD4 looks really good on it......it will always be in service until the day that it dies.....then ill have all my other 50 some AGPs to be kicking :eek:

Glad to see this thread get more active :)

Harley

P.S. Live On AGP......we will NEVER forget the day AGP saved the day...(making us stop playing games at low FPS that is :):):D )

Awesome, hey wait a minute, isn't the ati x800pro about the same as a ati firegl x3 256 card?? cause one of my dad's x3 cards on the back of it the sticker thingy it says ati x800pro :rolleyes: ,hehe I have a x3 in my amd comp :) oh ive built a amd x2 comp :D*SFF* still not in sig yet. Oh and I still have a ati firegl x3 card up for sale! :) since the original guy backed out since *according to pm, she* didn't need it anymore. *Its an new unopened oem one :)*yes i have more then 3 x3 cards :D, selling at $290. Glad to see that lots of guys are still running agp cards :D

Still using a BFG 256mb FX5600 here in my main rig...a 32mb Hercules Prophet Geforce2mx in my classic game rig, and a BB ATI 128mb 9200 in my kids rig. One of these days, I'll be able to afford an upgrade - heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back