Afterburner now enables 69XX Overvolting (anyone get this working in CF?)

Matrices

Supreme [H]ardness
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=336682

Seems to work fine for single cards, but I can't get it working in CF. The usual problem of immediate BSOD after unlocking the overclock limit is resolved by disabling ULPS everywhere in the registry. But the following problems persist (on a shader-unlocked 6950, NOT 6970 BIOS flashed):

1. Even after going through registry and disabling all ULPS, the drivers crash and the screen freezes for 10 seconds when applying overclocks (though it does stick).

2. Once you overclock, the voltages and speeds get stuck at max. This is not because of disabling ULPS, either, as the cards ramp up and downlock fine with Afterburner turned off.

3. If you set up another profile with lower voltages, and then try to switch back, only the first GPU's voltages will be correct.

4. GPU1 and 2 are mislabeled.

Rock solid within the max CCC limits but there seems to be some software glitches that causes so many problems in CF if you try to supersede the limit.

Or bring on the issues that magically only start when people overclock. Ocing is cool if only people kept it too themselves. You have people who can barely use ms word but yet want to oc their phat 6970 card to 1ghz clock speed.

Or bring on the issues that magically only start when people overclock. Ocing is cool if only people kept it too themselves. You have people who can barely use ms word but yet want to oc their phat 6970 card to 1ghz clock speed.
How is that anyone else's problem but theirs?

How is that anyone else's problem but theirs?

You're right to a certain extent, but suddenly the card starts having issues. Then they start contacting the developer of their favorite game. Then their game developer tells them to contact their video card manufacturer who entails says, "Turn down the clocks." Hey OP just ignore me.

Last edited:
You're right to a certain extent, but suddenly the card starts having issues. Then they start contacting the developer of their favorite game. Then their game developer tells them to contact their video card manufacturer who entails says, "Turn down the clocks." Hey OP just ignore me.
Some people are stupid, but what is your point? This is how it's always been. Overclocking is more idiot-proof than ever, but like anything else, if you don't know what you are doing, don't do it.

Some people are stupid, but what is your point? This is how it's always been. Overclocking is more idiot-proof than ever, but like anything else, if you don't know what you are doing, don't do it.

Don't worry about it, I was not attacking you. I only mentioned it for any new people reading the thread or crawling google.

Back