aero.x

Again, I've gotta hand it to you. You've got a great eye for design, this case looks slick in the purest sense of the word.

Thanks guys.

Not much of a big update. I got the hard drive mounted (Though this is not the hard drive being used in the product), cut the window, and painted the top grill.

I put everything together for a quick mock up of where I am at. Here is a quick look. I have been crazy busy at work this past week and today is my first chance to get anything done. So far I did the window and thats it. =(

Before the end of the day I hope to have the video card area cut out of the mobo cover and the back for the Ice cooling unit

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Very nice, fresh look. Here's my suggestion on the mesh (although I see you've already done black on the top): Keep it consistent. Do all your mesh the natural grey/silver color, or have it all black, but don't mix the two. I like how the grey adds an accent to the interior. Is your plan to keep the exterior of the case that color?

Outstanding work. The quality of your construction and the professional fit and finish of your parts is incredible.

Maybe that's why my eye is drawn to the only noticable inconsistency - the molding around the two holes in your motherboard cover. The small gap at the bottom of each hole where the two ends of each piece meet up isn't perfect.

Is there a way to make the molding look seamless? I might have a groved oring around here that would work (I work at a GM Dealership in the parts dept.). What size are the holes and the thickness of the acrylic?

jahcs said:
Outstanding work. The quality of your construction and the professional fit and finish of your parts is incredible.

Maybe that's why my eye is drawn to the only noticable inconsistency - the molding around the two holes in your motherboard cover. The small gap at the bottom of each hole where the two ends of each piece meet up isn't perfect.

Is there a way to make the molding look seamless? I might have a groved oring around here that would work (I work at a GM Dealership in the parts dept.). What size are the holes and the thickness of the acrylic?

So true my friend. Something that has been bothering me as well. I wanted badly to find some sort of o ring but nothing I could find is even close to the size I need. What would be perfect is this: http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/detail_hires/duc-01.jpg

But again, nothing in the size I need.

The hole size is 54m/m, and the thickness of the acrylic is only .118". If you have anything at all like something like that, let me know. Would love to find a way to clean up that spot.

Mohonri said:
Very nice, fresh look. Here's my suggestion on the mesh (although I see you've already done black on the top): Keep it consistent. Do all your mesh the natural grey/silver color, or have it all black, but don't mix the two. I like how the grey adds an accent to the interior. Is your plan to keep the exterior of the case that color?

i would usually agree but i think in this case since you will rarely ever see both colors of mesh at the same time, it isnt very necessary and the way he has it is perfect.
the black mesh on the black mobo cover would be a little too much blending, while silver mesh would be too much silver on the top panel.

invalid_ said:
The hole size is 54m/m, and the thickness of the acrylic is only .118". If you have anything at all like something like that, let me know. Would love to find a way to clean up that spot.

I haven't had any luck with parts at my work, the grommets I find are either too big or too small.

The next place I will check is a local stereo shop a friend of mine works at. The link to the duct you posted resembles a speakerbox port. Hopefully they will have one near the right size and with the right finish.

jahcs said:
I haven't had any luck with parts at my work, the grommets I find are either too big or too small.

The next place I will check is a local stereo shop a friend of mine works at. The link to the duct you posted resembles a speakerbox port. Hopefully they will have one near the right size and with the right finish.

Thanks very much for even looking bro! Really appreciate it.

Also I want to apologize to anyone watching the thread about lack of updates. Work has been crazy and I am on 3 baseball leagues that are eating my time. I am crossing my fingers hard that I can get a good solid day this weekend to move this baby along. Ive also got ideas for my next mod and as a rule I never let myself start a new one until I finish my current one.

just curious what is your target budget and your current budget that youve spent on the already completed work?

Well I have been avoiding this thread but I guess I should at least acknowledge the obvious; the mod has been cancelled.

After working all this time on the mobo cover, the video card placement was right in the middle of the curve in the plexi. It was either I make a whole new cover, or just walk away. I decided I would make a new cover, but what happened the next day? My case was hanging in the garage getting painted when the wife didn't pay any attention and drove the car into the garage and knocked it off and it got all banged up. (She was reversing and it was really low) I then decided I would just move to a new case because the dents were pretty big, but I did not feel like starting all over again with putting a shuttle mobo inside a bigger case. Too much time was taken making the case ready for the small mobo.

So I am starting a new mod this week. (Same name, Same logo, Same concepts) but without the mobo cover and without a small mobo. :(

Sucks but sometimes you just don't care enough anymore to start over.

Thanks for the kudos along the way and the interest guys. I do appreciate it. And look for aero.x2 starting next week. This time a Lian Li 6070 Pro and a motherboard yet to be decided.

g.. gg.. gosh darnit! I was wondering what happened, the case was going along so nicely too. Oh well, time to try again. Maybe you could go with a similiar build, but perhaps black and orange instead of green for Halloween. ;)

invalid_ said:
Well I have been avoiding this thread but I guess I should at least acknowledge the obvious; the mod has been cancelled.

After working all this time on the mobo cover, the video card placement was right in the middle of the curve in the plexi. It was either I make a whole new cover, or just walk away. I decided I would make a new cover, but what happened the next day? My case was hanging in the garage getting painted when the wife didn't pay any attention and drove the car into the garage and knocked it off and it got all banged up. (She was reversing and it was really low) I then decided I would just move to a new case because the dents were pretty big, but I did not feel like starting all over again with putting a shuttle mobo inside a bigger case. Too much time was taken making the case ready for the small mobo.

So I am starting a new mod this week. (Same name, Same logo, Same concepts) but without the mobo cover and without a small mobo. :(

Sucks but sometimes you just don't care enough anymore to start over.

Thanks for the kudos along the way and the interest guys. I do appreciate it. And look for aero.x2 starting next week. This time a Lian Li 6070 Pro and a motherboard yet to be decided.

Whoa, really sorry to hear that man. I feel your pain though, as I've had my own instances where family members have hampered my modding projects.

I can't wait to see some work from your next mod though :).

invalid_ said:

It would be a nice if you use an X2 CPU to go with the name ;)

A moment of silence please... :(

Good luck with the next mod. And put out some traffic cones if you leave the next project on the motorway. :D

jahcs said:
A moment of silence please... :(

Good luck with the next mod. And put out some traffic cones if you leave the next project on the motorway. :D

I do blame myself for not putting something there, but this was the first time she parked in the garage ALL SUMMER! lol I wish I could have seen my own face when I got home from work and she said, "Um Honey...you know that case thing you were working on?".

I knew instantly it was bad. :mad:

This could kill a relationship. People should be warned before starting a mod "Be carefull modding can cause a divorce" ;)

Back