ADW cleaner is my new Hero

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Downloaded a Utorrent program and got some nasty brower hijacking software.
Malwarebytes didn't take it off but ADW cleaner did!

Having problems with Malwarebyte crashes it detects everything but can't remove IE browser hijacking software like I-start which keep on resetting the homepage.

Is this from the official uTorrent site? I always answer no when it wants to install optional add-ons.

Malwarebytes is great, but it's not infallible.

Always have multiple tools for the job. MBAM is amazing, but sometimes you need something else. I always have a USB drive full of tools. Sometimes, MBAM fixes it 100%, other times it requires a little bit more.

Always have multiple tools for the job. MBAM is amazing, but sometimes you need something else. I always have a USB drive full of tools. Sometimes, MBAM fixes it 100%, other times it requires a little bit more.
Exactly. I always run MB first because it does usually get most, if not all. Then every once in awhile Spybot, ADW or some other product to clean up the last bit.

I've seen plenty of stuff lately that MBAM misses yet EAM or Dr. Web or Hitman Pro finds.
I've also seen a lot of stuff that all those miss that ADW catches. ;) So yeah, ADW is great. :)

P.S. use qBittorrent or Deluge or something like that, not uTorrent. Don't support software that's bundled with crap if you don't have to.

You can also use the older, pre-BitTorrent versions of uTorrent. Just be certain to confirm those particular versions are still on the client whitelist at the trackers you frequent.

Back