• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

-Advmethods in regedit

SpoogeMonkey

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
2,934
Okay, now I know I read this the other day but of course I can't find it again. Where/what key in the registry do I need to change to add -advmethods when running F@H as a service? I'd like to change this on my newly acquired borgs. Also, which item in the cfg changes "Request work units without deadlines (no-pref/no/yes)" to no.......usereg=no <===== that one?
 
if you use the newest beta client, 5.04 I think you don't have to do this

check sticky
 
The key is this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\FAH@C:+Program Files+fah+FAH502-Console.exe

 
Cool, thanks....I think it was in your thread I read this.....my short term memory is going to hell.......Gimme another beer!!! :p

Did I guess right about the usereg=no for "request units with no deadlines"?
 
Mohonri said:
The key is this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\FAH@C:+Program Files+fah+FAH502-Console.exe



or


HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FAH@C:+<some path>+FAH502-Console.exe
 
drizzt81 said:
or


HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FAH@C:+<some path>+FAH502-Console.exe


even better:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FAH@<some drive>:+<some path>+FAH502-Console.exe
 
MustangWorld said:
even better:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FAH@<some drive>:+<some path>+FAH502-Console.exe

And, FTW, you want to modify the image path key under that. :D
 
You want one of the easiest ways to find it? Just doa search of the registry for the flag " -svcstart", without the quotes of course. That will bring you straight to the key you need to add the -advmethods flag to.

 
Got the reg all taken care of, then I ran moved the cfg file and ran config again so I could set "Request work units without deadlines (no-pref/no/yes)" to no. When I restarted fah it deleted the current wu to get a new one.......no biggie but it was 60 frames into a 600 pointer :(

I'm pretty sure all I need to do on the other boxes is type :

[clienttype]
type=1

into the cfg file so as not to lose any more precious pts, as this line wasn't there when deadlines was set to no pref.
 
Back
Top