Hey guys, I have kind of been out of the loop lately with builds and new hardware. Let me give you the run down of the specs i'm running now, what i'm potentially looking at doing, upgrading or replacing. My rig now is about 4 years old, I'm running a i7 2600k, asus p8p67 motherboard, 7970 video card, 16gb gskill ram, 650w cosair psu.
Recently a friend of mine picked up a 980, my god that card is a beast and i've now got the itch to upgrade. As far as future proofing goes and bottle necks, should I keep the processor i'm using now with the motherboard, and just grab a 980? I've never overclocked my current setup. I'm also planning on buy two asus 144hz monitors, i want to drive the monitor at over 100fps for some silky smooth gameplay. Or should i start phasing out my motherboard and CPU? Here is what i'm looking at
Asus Sabertooh z97
i7 4790k
Ram : I'm unsure? able to use old or upgrade?
Asus gtx 980
PSU : should be fine?
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Pc Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
definately would like to keep under 2000 if i buy new chipset and processor, if i only upgrade card and buy my new monitors, of course that would be much cheaper.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
U.S. Kent, Ohio
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
As of now i have a fully built computer as stated above, using or starting to upgrade most parts is the question
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
cosair 650w
6) Will you be overclocking?
not out of question
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
I want to drive two asus 144hz monitors and take advantage of over 100fps
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
tiger direct or newegg
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
I've got two crucial m4 128gb ssd i want to put in raid.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
64bit windows 7
Recently a friend of mine picked up a 980, my god that card is a beast and i've now got the itch to upgrade. As far as future proofing goes and bottle necks, should I keep the processor i'm using now with the motherboard, and just grab a 980? I've never overclocked my current setup. I'm also planning on buy two asus 144hz monitors, i want to drive the monitor at over 100fps for some silky smooth gameplay. Or should i start phasing out my motherboard and CPU? Here is what i'm looking at
Asus Sabertooh z97
i7 4790k
Ram : I'm unsure? able to use old or upgrade?
Asus gtx 980
PSU : should be fine?
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Pc Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
definately would like to keep under 2000 if i buy new chipset and processor, if i only upgrade card and buy my new monitors, of course that would be much cheaper.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
U.S. Kent, Ohio
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
As of now i have a fully built computer as stated above, using or starting to upgrade most parts is the question
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
cosair 650w
6) Will you be overclocking?
not out of question
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
I want to drive two asus 144hz monitors and take advantage of over 100fps
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
tiger direct or newegg
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
I've got two crucial m4 128gb ssd i want to put in raid.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
64bit windows 7