starcontrol
n00b
- Joined
- Sep 9, 2011
- Messages
- 2
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
The most demanding things I do are Photoshop on 600dpi scans, Future Pinball, and MAME. Also do some skyping so it's got to have a webcam/mic.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I would like to get it down to 1500, but the budget is what it needs to be.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Portland,OR
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case
Motherboard
CPU
Memory
Hard Drive
Videocard
SS Drive
DVD burner
Power Supply
Monitor
Keyboard
Speakers
Videocamera
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
all new (replacing a dead iMac)
6) Will you be overclocking?
yes
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
27" HD
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
next two weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.
expandable crossfire capable
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Windows XP64
After looking through some of the recent posts, I came up with something like this:
Case Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS (Liquid Cooled) $359.95
GPU cooler Koolance - VID-AR687 (Radeon HD 6870) Water Block $109.99
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P67A-D3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 ATX 104.99
CPU Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz 1155 95W Quad-Core 189.99
Memory 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 89.98
Hard Drive Western Digital WD20EARX 2TB 7200 green SATA 6.0 84.99
Videocard XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 184.99
SS Drive Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F60GBGT-BK 60GB SATA III 134.99
DVD burner PLEXTOR 24X Internal DVD Super Multi Drive Black SATA Model PX-L890SA LightScribe Support - OEM 33.99
Power Supply CORSAIR TX750 V2 750W 109.99
Monitor ViewSonic VA2702w Black 27" 1920x1080 3ms Full HD 269.99
Keyboard ADESSO PCK-308B Black Keyboard w/touchpad 53.99
Speakers ALTEC LANSING VS2620 5 Watts RMS 2.0 Value Computer Speakers 29.99
Videocamera Logitech C310 USB 2.0 HD WebCam 48.99
Grand total before shipping is $1,806.81
I'm looking for reliability first. (I do product verification testing for a living.) Overclockability is a bonus. I realize a huge chunk of my budget is watercooling, but in a few years I will be replacing everything but the watercooled case and monitor and possibly the power supply, so I like to spend more money on the semi-permanent items. The noisiest thing in the system is going to be the power supply, so I am hoping it is reasonably quiet. The video card has to have a watercooling block available for it. I'm not stuck on any of this hardware, so if you have better suggestions I'm all ears.
The most demanding things I do are Photoshop on 600dpi scans, Future Pinball, and MAME. Also do some skyping so it's got to have a webcam/mic.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I would like to get it down to 1500, but the budget is what it needs to be.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Portland,OR
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case
Motherboard
CPU
Memory
Hard Drive
Videocard
SS Drive
DVD burner
Power Supply
Monitor
Keyboard
Speakers
Videocamera
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
all new (replacing a dead iMac)
6) Will you be overclocking?
yes
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
27" HD
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
next two weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.
expandable crossfire capable
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Windows XP64
After looking through some of the recent posts, I came up with something like this:
Case Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS (Liquid Cooled) $359.95
GPU cooler Koolance - VID-AR687 (Radeon HD 6870) Water Block $109.99
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P67A-D3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 ATX 104.99
CPU Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz 1155 95W Quad-Core 189.99
Memory 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 89.98
Hard Drive Western Digital WD20EARX 2TB 7200 green SATA 6.0 84.99
Videocard XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 184.99
SS Drive Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F60GBGT-BK 60GB SATA III 134.99
DVD burner PLEXTOR 24X Internal DVD Super Multi Drive Black SATA Model PX-L890SA LightScribe Support - OEM 33.99
Power Supply CORSAIR TX750 V2 750W 109.99
Monitor ViewSonic VA2702w Black 27" 1920x1080 3ms Full HD 269.99
Keyboard ADESSO PCK-308B Black Keyboard w/touchpad 53.99
Speakers ALTEC LANSING VS2620 5 Watts RMS 2.0 Value Computer Speakers 29.99
Videocamera Logitech C310 USB 2.0 HD WebCam 48.99
Grand total before shipping is $1,806.81
I'm looking for reliability first. (I do product verification testing for a living.) Overclockability is a bonus. I realize a huge chunk of my budget is watercooling, but in a few years I will be replacing everything but the watercooled case and monitor and possibly the power supply, so I like to spend more money on the semi-permanent items. The noisiest thing in the system is going to be the power supply, so I am hoping it is reasonably quiet. The video card has to have a watercooling block available for it. I'm not stuck on any of this hardware, so if you have better suggestions I'm all ears.