• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ADDITIONAL PARTS

ish003

n00b
Joined
Dec 14, 2012
Messages
25
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to get more out of my computer for gaming and want to add a few things. (basically would love to run Battlefield 4 and the new games that will come out on ultra and smooth at 1080p)

I finally decided i want to try overclocking my CPU. I don't know much about it right now but trying to read online. My friend said I should get the Corsair H100i for cooling but I'm not even sure if i need that much or if it will even fit in my case. Or how liquid cooling works for that matter but i do wanna learn. if not can you recommend another case.

Also would my current mobo be enough for over clocking or should i replace it with the asus sabertooth mobo. I've seen alot of other rigs with this mobo.

i also finally plan on getting a SSD for my rig. Am i better off going for a raid of two 120 gigs or just one ssd of 256gig? or should i buy one 256gig and later on buying another 256gig for the raid. im thinking of the samsung 840 pro.

i may also get a gtx770 but my friend said a price drop may be coming soon. so not sure to hold off on it for now.

I greatly appreciate your advice in advanced. thank you

Heres my current set up:

i5 3750k ivy bridge

msi z7aa-g43 mobo

G.SKILL 16Gb DDR3 DDR3 1866

WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM

SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold 650W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91

Corsair Carbide Series 200R

Nvidia GTX 660
 
I finally decided i want to try overclocking my CPU. I don't know much about it right now but trying to read online. My friend said I should get the Corsair H100i for cooling but I'm not even sure if i need that much or if it will even fit in my case. Or how liquid cooling works for that matter but i do wanna learn. if not can you recommend another case.
The H100i won't fit inside the 200R. However, no need for a new case. JUst go for the Corsair H80i and you'll be pretty much set for cooling.
Also would my current mobo be enough for over clocking or should i replace it with the asus sabertooth mobo. I've seen alot of other rigs with this mobo.
It will be enough for a moderate overclock.
i also finally plan on getting a SSD for my rig. Am i better off going for a raid of two 120 gigs or just one ssd of 256gig? or should i buy one 256gig and later on buying another 256gig for the raid. im thinking of the samsung 840 pro.
For simplicity's sake, a single SSD. You really won't notice that much of a massive performance increase with a RAID 0 SSD array.
i may also get a gtx770 but my friend said a price drop may be coming soon. so not sure to hold off on it for now.
Definitely hold off for now since your GTX 660 isn't all that slow.
 
awesome thanks for the quick reply. ill look into getting the h80i and single ssd in the mean time.
 
Back
Top