Additional fan for Coolmaster Hyper 212+

I bought a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ heatsink and fan. I would like to buy another fan that will fit this cooler so that i can make this into a push/pull configuration. Where can I get another fan that'll will fit (preferably the same brand fan that came with the cooler) at a good price?

The way cooler fans work in tandem the better the first fan works the less the second achieves.
There are many fan data bases
I like Nexus Real Silent and Yate Loon for price/performance noise. T. B. Silence too.
SPCR has good articles.
BASICS are fan speed determines airflow and noise. Blade type can increase the ability to move air volume through the heat exchanger (fins) . Bearings can be sleeve or ball or many variations between.
Ball are louder but last longer and are often recommended for horizontal mounting, noise remains constant until failure.
Sleeve start quieter , do not last as long. and get nosier with wear.
Do you have another 4 pin or 3 pin fan power plug for fan?
Easiest would be to add a Yate Loon D12SM-12 (120mm, sleeve bearing, medium speed [about 2,000 rpm] 12 volt. You want 4pin moles [psu] and 3 pin[motherboard ] combo.
Cooler Master undoubtedly sells the same fan.
Noctua are sometimes considered the best, expensive.
Scythe makes very good and not so very good fans noise vs performance.
Easiest match up, buy another 212 +, use the fan and mount, sell or add fans at leisure.

You can get the new fan at almost any e-tail and retail store.

The type on fan on the 212+ should be 120x120x25mm (the last is thickness).

For recommendation,i'd go with Scythe Slipstream,Cooler Master R4 or Thermaltake Gentle Typhoon.

Email CoolerMaster and ask them what make/model fan comes with the 212+. I've never treid the CM R4 but i'ne heard they put out good airflow for HSF and are nice to the ears. I'm actually thinking about getting two of the R4s for my 212+. What ever you end up getting, let us know. I'de like to hear your what your final impressions are.

Don't think you can another to the hyper. I know the performa cooler from Zalman you can

yep, one of the better traits of the H212+ is both variants (one with black plastic clips and one with metal wire clips) come with enough for 2 fans, while some more expensive coolers will skimp out on this.

Thanks for the fan link, Silent Knight.

Only other issue (Sir_P_A) is do you have available 3 or 4 pin motherboard plug.

Thanks guys! I ended up getting a CM Blade Master (same as the one that came with the cooler) at Microcenter when i went there to get a my p8p67 pro replace (Intel recall).

Back