Adding additional fans to fan controller

aznofazns

Limp Gawd
I'm purchasing a Scythe 2-channel fan controller (12 watts per channel) and I'm wondering if there is a simple way to add one additional fan to each channel. Can I just use a couple of these to split the 4-pin female into two 4-pin male connectors, which I can use to bridge the wires for 2 fans that will then connect to the fan controller with a single female connector? Will there be power issues when using only one cable for two fans?

That should work, (must admit I have never spilt two 4 pin fans ).

It is all about the 12W/channel rating. At 12 volts that is 1amp and should power two normal fans no problem.

So just find out the fans current draw, even fairly high speed 120mm fans only pull about .4 amps max so two should not be an issue, but just check before you buy.

Watts = volts x amps (and just rearrange the equation when you know two of the values (always use 12V for V) to solve for the unknown.

Well it turns out xoxide was actually out of stock so my order was cancelled... but thanks for the reply. I'm aware of how to calculate power draw, I just wasn't sure if the cables would be an issue.

Back