- Joined
- Feb 11, 2008
- Messages
- 5,302
After I got my RMA back from one card, I've hooked my two PowerColor LCS 5870s running in Crossfire back up. I now have an extra Sapphire (fan cooled) 5870 lying around.
I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble on my board adding the third card for triple-Crossfire. I'm currently running on an Asus P6T (non-deluxe) which runs the PCIe lanes at 16x/16x/4x. I currently have a 9800 GT running in the third slot for Physx, but I've found it adds pretty much no benefit in games (actually slows down some games when Physx is engaged).
In addtion to the hassle of moving around my liquid cooled cards, I'd need to install a drive-bay PSU (which I already have) to power the third card, so man-hours are a factor as well as performance. Also worth mentioning I'm running 3x1 1900x1200 in Eyefinity. Also worth stating I'd be willing to spring for a new mobo that runs 16x/16x/16x if the performance gain would be worthwhile.
I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble on my board adding the third card for triple-Crossfire. I'm currently running on an Asus P6T (non-deluxe) which runs the PCIe lanes at 16x/16x/4x. I currently have a 9800 GT running in the third slot for Physx, but I've found it adds pretty much no benefit in games (actually slows down some games when Physx is engaged).
In addtion to the hassle of moving around my liquid cooled cards, I'd need to install a drive-bay PSU (which I already have) to power the third card, so man-hours are a factor as well as performance. Also worth mentioning I'm running 3x1 1900x1200 in Eyefinity. Also worth stating I'd be willing to spring for a new mobo that runs 16x/16x/16x if the performance gain would be worthwhile.