Actual Retail Photo of Reference 580

I'll hope that's supposed to be 600 euros (or better yet, pounds) instead of dollars :)

amazon has an ASUS GTX580 listed for less. MSRP is likely to be $499

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
amazon has an ASUS GTX580 listed for less. MSRP is likely to be $499

Yep, guessing $499 MSRP, and it's supposed to OC like a beast while running cool like GF104's have been, while being 20-25% faster even stock than a GTX 480, by some early reports. Looking like a winner!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks pretty cool. Kind of simular to the ATI Reference cards. Sleek and clean lines.

I'm at PDXLAN right now anxiously awaiting the GTX 580 announcement tomorrow night @ 7pm !!!

Nvidia's reference design, takes up two slots, has a GPU clock of 772 MHz, a shader frequency of 1544 MHz, a 384-bit memory interface backed by 1536MB of VRAM @ 4400 MHz, supports 3-way SLI, and provides dual-DVI and HDMI outputs.

The GeForce GTX 580 is reportedly set to cost $599 and will be introduced next week. An official preview of the card is probable for Sunday at PDX LAN 16.5 in Portland.

If that card releases at $599 the sales will tank.
Also what is up with supporting only 3 way SLI on the GTX 580? The 480 can do 4-way SLI as long as you have the motherboard to handle it.

If that card releases at $599 the sales will tank.
Also what is up with supporting only 3 way SLI on the GTX 580? The 480 can do 4-way SLI as long as you have the motherboard to handle it.

What short memories people have. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_280_Amp_Edition/ LOL anyone remember this? 4780 came out a couple weeks later and made them drop the price. Is Nvidia dumb enough to repeat ? To be continued this month

edit: are people even dumber to fall for it and preorder (sadly I think we know that answer)

Last edited:
58618954.jpg

xs

If those clock speeds are correct, and its not OC'd yet, then I would tend to say the GTX 580 is gonna smoke everything out there, except like the 5970 Black Edition. Only time will tell....

Back