Activision Kills 'Guitar Hero' Franchise

You're a developing, marketing, selling, supporting genius!! :p If the world only had more of you we wouldn't be in this financial crisis. And probably wouldn't be at war. DeathPrincess for president!! :D

Would totally be president, apart from i'm already a princess and don't want to step down and accept a power/paycut. ;)

I still think there is untapped market potential in a "Honky-Tonk Geetar & Fiddle Hero" game. It would sell like hotcakes fresh off of Ol' Granny's griddle! :D

needs Washboard hero and shotgun wedding mode.

They should now do Jazz Hero, Polka Hero, Symphony Hero, Opera Hero, etc...

I'm half kidding, I'd probably not play them (as I've not much interest in this type of game) but it would be neat to see them try some other genres...

How did it take 500 people to make that crap? Even make market, sell, produce in factory and provide customer support for. I could have easily done it for 3/4 of the money single handedly, with a little outsourcing.

It wasn't just the GH people that got hit with layoffs.

I play Rock Band 3 regularly and still buy DLC for it. I tried to play Guitar Hero and just hated it. The main difference for me was that RB is more about the music, whereas GH is made to be more like a video game that just so happens to have music involved.

I really hope Harmonix can dodge this bullet, even though they were recently sold off to a 3rd party, and keep Rock Band alive for a while yet. Even if it's only to keep adding DLC via their store and the Rock Band Network 2.0 that was just released I'd be ok with that. They really don't need to keep pumping out new games all the time.

By the way, I play Rock Band 3 with an electronic drum set (mix of Roland and Pintech) and have it wired up so I can use my hi-hat pedal as well in the songs. It's not just about playing plastic guitars anymore, which is why I'd be sad if this franchise disappeared altogether. They finally made it to the next level just in time for all interest to die out.

It really was about time. With the ability to dl new songs on the current games, new games are pretty much irrelevant.

:D

accordionherodemotivati.jpg

Back