Acrylic Cases,...

i own one and i love it, but its not fun to bring to lans, after about 2 years of bringing it to lans i seem to be missing a couple screws
here are some pics of my acrylic case(Myspace)
http://a406.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/76/l_05c64335e61115ae7fa09150a29b97ed.jpg
http://a367.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/l_dc4553a322a3d9910abd2873a19629fe.jpg
http://a59.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_106e769273ad08982b6705486e67803a.jpg

Tell me what you think

I think you need a new camera :p

I had that same case an I hated it, it was to bright, it retained heat like a mofo, and there was no way to hide cables:mad:

well thats kind of a thing you have to take in consideration when buying a acrylic case its hard to hide wires , but i think the looks i get from people when they see it makes up for it

I'm not a fan of acrylic cases. Load them with too much weight and the retaining pieces can crack... Screws are easily stripped, and they're far, far, from being quiet. If you like to get cataracts from looking at your case, they're pretty nice.

Although, with good wire management, and lots of metal pieces inside, they really can be gorgeous. I'm thinking of setting something up in the next while to prove acrylic doesn't always have to be tacky or gaudy.

yeah, when I had mine I was more into flare than functionality, I still have a taste for certain aesthetics :p

I'm not a fan of acrylic cases. Load them with too much weight and the retaining pieces can crack... Screws are easily stripped, and they're far, far, from being quiet. If you like to get cataracts from looking at your case, they're pretty nice.

Although, with good wire management, and lots of metal pieces inside, they really can be gorgeous. I'm thinking of setting something up in the next while to prove acrylic doesn't always have to be tacky or gaudy.

i agree with the metal inside... the acrylic itself looks nice even if its not see through (mesh + acrylic is just plain sexy) so if you have metal parts all around the inside with some visiblity, it'll look super amazing

cleanliness is totally important and dude... hold your camera steady please!

They were kind of a fun fad. I wanted one for a little bit before knowing that they are heat traps. The one I was looking at was $150, which was way out of my budget at the time (I had to save up for that uber x850xt that was coming out soon).

Well thank you for everyones time and opinions,... with all that was said i decided to say nay to that idea and just ordered a new cooler master 690:cool:, seems like a better idea than the acrylic,.:D

One good thing about them:

20ksjrt.jpg

i had a sunbeam ufo, it was rather small and useful. however, i'm not a bigger fan of acrylic cases so i sold it to my friend.

An important thing to consider: clean the accumulated dust...
In an acrylic case is sooo hard :(

I have one with 5 fans. Temps were pretty good. They aren't that silent since they use 80mm fans. I got mine more for "bling" than anything else. You do need to clean it as dust gets in it pretty easily and you will notice it. When moving it around, you'll need to wear gloves (that should be provided) so you don't get a ton of finger prints on it.

Custom DD Skully:

Still have to get my wire management done . . .finsihed plumbing right before a LAN party at my house.

Here is an old shot before the rebuild:

Smooth Painted PSU, rads, etc

Acrylic is great....

..to trap heat with.

For as cool as they may look, the engineer in me just can't get past the thermal issues. Putting a bunch of stuff that generates heat inside of a box made of material that insulates is an uphill battle in cooling.

Acrylic is great....

..to trap heat with.

For as cool as they may look, the engineer in me just can't get past the thermal issues. Putting a bunch of stuff that generates heat inside of a box made of material that insulates is an uphill battle in cooling.

Engineers designed the Danger Den cases . . .I think they probably know a bit about cooling computers . . .granted you do have to be aware of air-flow and such. I work with Mountain Mod cases as well . . .they are all good and all have their benefits and draw backs. Take a look over at their designs . . .I think you ,especially as an engineer, will appreciate the effort they put into their cases to make them perform well.

Back