Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

Gentlemen how do the Crossovers stack up against the other brands. I like the fact you can pivot it and think I'll try that one if no red flags. Thanks!

Check out the Crossover comments on OCN. Basically they are all similar, same LG panel. The crossover does have the best stand and can pivot.

The Crossover also have the best all metal enclosure/frame. It feels higher quality than the other models with easily the best stand. I have 3 of them and would recommend them over the others.

What I heard, its pure gloss. Zero AG coating. Its as much glare as the glass ACD.
My PCBANK has the tempered glass and it is reflective. You might want to get the monitors without glass.
Monty is right, the tempered glass is even more reflective than the standard glossy. But even the standard may be too much for those who hate glossy.

Can somebody comment on this screen's level of reflectiveness? Whenever I buy a laptop I always make sure to get a matte or semi-matte display... I hate the glossy stuff.

I've skimmed through this thread so I know that this monitor has no AG coating, but exactly how reflective is it? Is it as bad as those ultra-glossy screens on consumer laptops?
Level of reflectiveness? A notch less than those silly ultra-glossy laptops, but that's it.

I have the less reflective model without tempered glass. In the right environment and with no light shining directly onto the screen, it is just enough where i either don't see, or notice a few mild reflections.

The Crossover also have the best all metal enclosure/frame. It feels higher quality than the other models with easily the best stand. I have 3 of them and would recommend them over the others.

Yeah I really like the "Matrix" design on the back too.

Couple questions before I order.

1. This monitor will work with a GTX 670 right? They only list as high as GTX 580.
2. Is bigclothcraft good? Koreans are pretty honorable as rule but just want to make sure he ships timely. I like his page best because he indicates a 120V adapter will be included.

1. This monitor will work with a GTX 670 right? They only list as high as GTX 580.
2. Is bigclothcraft good? Koreans are pretty honorable as rule but just want to make sure he ships timely. I like his page best because he indicates a 120V adapter will be included.

1. Yes without question. Any video card able to do 1440p at 60hz will due just fine unless you want to game. A GTX 670 will pair nicely and allow you some pretty awesome gaming.
2. I've yet to hear anyone complain about very slow shipping , despite whatever they list on Ebay as ship dates it often arrives in 3-5 business days. Greensum is considered the most friendly if you want to deal with someone who excels at customer service.

Many of the power adapters shipped , even the 220v ones will work fine in 120v mode as well. If you are worried about it , ask the seller before hand and confirm it for piece of mind.

My Achieva should be here tomorrow or Wed , I gotta say I'm pumped.

Those of you who have gone with versa stands, what ones you getting?

well ive been using the crossover since this all started few months ago and so far its great.
im pissed that its 370 now as opposed to 430 when i bought it ! (maybe get another cheap one!)

whats the consensus now on the psu? im still using the '230V ~ 50/60Hz 1.2A' with no issues but dont want my house to burn down either.

The 670 will work great with any of the 1440p monitors. Bigclothcraft is an excellent eBayer. I bought my PCBANK from him and is was super fast shipping. All of the Korean eBay sellers have outstanding ratings.

With all the options available, which 27" display plays the best with HDCP? Do you need to have an HDMI unit or will the DVI-D suffice? I am a little partial to the Crossover for aesthetic reasons but functionality is important.

Thanks,

Lev

What source / signal are you using? They're all HDCP compliant so far as I know, so are you referring to scaling ability or what?

What source / signal are you using? They're all HDCP compliant so far as I know, so are you referring to scaling ability or what?

I was referring to watching HDCP content from cable via a PC. I have a Nvidia GTX 480 and on older Dell monitors I cannot "tune" in to the premium channels. I am assuming that with these monitors DVI-D would be sufficient?

The Micro Center monitor referenced above has an HDMI port and lists in its specs as NOT HDCP complaint.

Touch Screen No
HDCP Support No
TV Tuner No
Built-in Speakers No
Built-in Webcam No
Stand Adjustment Tilt
Features Excellent resolution and clarity; Beautiful colors; Outstanding performance

I was referring to watching HDCP content from cable via a PC. I have a Nvidia GTX 480 and on older Dell monitors I cannot "tune" in to the premium channels. I am assuming that with these monitors DVI-D would be sufficient?

The Micro Center monitor referenced above has an HDMI port and lists in its specs as NOT HDCP complaint.

Touch Screen No
HDCP Support No
TV Tuner No
Built-in Speakers No
Built-in Webcam No
Stand Adjustment Tilt
Features Excellent resolution and clarity; Beautiful colors; Outstanding performance

Yes, Dual Link DVI should be fine

Where do you guys see these for $300?

Ebay... Search for Achieva Shimian or Yamakasi Catleap

Which one is for 300?

Search on ebay and find out?

This thread has all of the Yamaski model info

http://www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club

Achieva Shimian info

http://www.overclock.net/t/1228062/achieva-shimian-monitor-club

What/ which LCD is the Crossover?

How many people have bought this & found good experiences?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1232496/crossover-27q-led-led-p-27m-led-2720mdp-gold-led-monitor-club

Grr, I was just at microcenter wish I would have seen this before so I could check it out.

Your long posts aren't amusing in the slightest, rather they are a pain to read, I doubt most get through the first 2 sentences.

This thread has been filled with haters, at least they typed some readable sentences. Go away.

Your long posts aren't amusing in the slightest, rather they are a pain to read, I doubt most get through the first 2 sentences.

This thread has been filled with haters, at least they typed some readable sentences. Go away.

This. Can a mod delete that post as off topic?

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0384780Someone over at Anandtech noticed that Micro Center is now selling this. This is an interesting (if not as inexpensive as the current Korean bunch is now) development.
It's actually less expensive than the Korean monitors @ $400 because it has a scaler with hdmi, DVI + VGA. The Korean models with scalers are going for $75-$150 more. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: It also has Displayport, more info and pics in the posts below.

Posted Specs:

3D Ready No
Screen Size 27"
LED Backlight Yes
Widescreen Yes
Viewing Angles 178° horizontal / 178° vertical viewing angles
Maximum Resolution 2560 x 1440
Color Support 1.07 billion
Refresh Rate 60Hz
Pixel Pitch 0.233mm
Response Time 6.5ms
Brightness 350 cd/m2
Native Contrast Ratio 1,000:1
Horizontal Scan Range 31.5 KHz - 94 KHz horizontal scan range
Vertical Scan Range Maximum Vertical Frequency: 60 Hz
Features
Touch Screen No
HDCP Support No
TV Tuner No
Built-in Speakers No
Built-in Webcam No
Stand Adjustment Tilt
Connectivity
VGA 15-pin 1
HDMI 1
DVI 1

Headphone Jack (1)
Power
Voltage Required AC 100-240V (50/60Hz)
Power Consumption Operational (Standby) 100 Watts (1 Watt)
Physical Specifications
Wall Mount 75mm x 75mm
Package Contents
What's in the Box Monitor, VGA Cable, DVI Cable, Power Cord, Warranty Card, User Manual
Manufacturer Warranty
Warranty 1 year limited warranty

Last edited:
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0384780Someone over at Anandtech noticed that Micro Center is now selling this. This is an interesting (if not as inexpensive as the current Korean bunch is now) development.
It's actually less expensive than the Korean monitors @ $400 because it has a scaler with hdmi, DVI + VGA. The Korean models with scalers are going for $75-$150 more. Thanks for the heads up.

Do we know for sure that this one is IPS and also doesnt the scaler mean it has input lag?

No HDCP support? Than that's a pass for me. Hand shaking issues are a headache.

I saw that too, that feels like it must be a spec mistake. Particularly when they are including an HDMI port in the design, it just seems unfathomable they wouldn't give it equivalent HDCP support to what these Korean displays have. :confused:

Do we know for sure that this one is IPS and also doesnt the scaler mean it has input lag?
Process of elimination, LG is the only company that manufactures 27" 2560x1440 panels, and the 178 degree viewing angles is another giveaway.

The scaler version still has a lot less input lag than the best TV set. It's been tested at 1 frame (16ms). So to err on the side of caution we would say it has 1 to 1-1/2 frames of input lag (16 to 24ms).

Yo-

Pulled the trigger and got a 27" CrossOver from assessorieswhole today because they are factory authorized dealers and sell "A" grade monitors.
Before I bought I asked several questions i.e. did they send out "A1" or "A1-" panels - the reply was "We ship only A1 panels with 0 dead pixels and maximum 2 stuck pixels".
In reading in here and over at OC - I felt that these were good benchmarks of product quality - yes - they charge a little more (378) - but it was worth it IMO for the added peace of mind. Will report later on shipment and monitor performance.
Am now kinda sorry that I didn't see the MicroCenter ad sooner :(

Last edited:
The MicroCenter one could be interesting, although their description seems a bit odd. It requires a display port to get full resolution, yet doesn't have a display port connector on the monitor?

I'm in the minority, but I'd like to see a similar, super-cheap, glossy 16:10, 24"er, instead -- as my computer can't push that many pixels around so well.

For those who want a 27"er, the prices seem to be worth the gamble. It makes me wonder just how large a markup everyone else has (Dell, Apple, etc)... they must be making a nice profit per sale.

It is, according to the same guy. I don't think he'll mind me posting these here:

HRTaY.jpg

WOBbm.jpg

5icQC.jpg

UKxce.png

0VCDc.png

Guys, got the Linux "nvidia" vendor driver working, with TwinView at that. For some reason the EDID is read as corrupt on certain occasions, fixed by pointing X to a custom EDID file. See my post. Most people with 1 monitor will probably work fine with the open source nouveau driver that is default, but for full acceleration or TwinView you'll want the closed source.

Got my 2 x QH270-lite in 48 hours, from Korea to Anchorage to Memphis to Utah! They look great overall. One is ever so slightly brighter than the other, I imagine that's the sort of thing that otherwise perfect pixel displays fail on, and you'd never know if two weren't sitting side by side.

Would be cool if microcenter or someone else with deep pockets sourced a monitor most of us want for like $550.

overdrive S-IPS
120Hz
Small bezel
a good OSD
Grade A panel
Warranty
Glossy and mild AG coat
Hell throw a A-TW filter in too.

Bet they'd sell tens of thousands. Hate this gambling aspect - I've taken back more LCDs than anyone like 2 dozen from USA makers.

Whatever happened to the group purchase deal that some people here were looking into? Or are we just going on ebay now....

And had there been an obvious winner between Achieva, Yamakasi, and Shimian here so far?

Back