Acer XR382CQK

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
Microcenter has it for 699. I first saw it back in the summer while I was there doing some shopping. I loved it! Thinking of picking it up here in a few weeks. Its height dimension is the max I can have due to a shelf above my desk. I wanna make sure that there isn't something better for the money out there.
Does anyone have this beast?

It's a steal at $699. I don't think you'll find a better monitor for the price. Be aware that it is limited to 60 Hz with a NVIDIA video card.

It's a steal at $699. I don't think you'll find a better monitor for the price. Be aware that it is limited to 60 Hz with a NVIDIA video card.

Where do you see that part? So the extra 15Hz is only available with Freesync?

Where do you see that part? So the extra 15Hz is only available with Freesync?
Typically the upper refresh rates on Adaptive Sync panels are only available when Freesync is in use, otherwise frame skipping can occur. But looking through user comments it appears this one actually does do native 75 Hz with a NVIDIA card attached.

Here is a gallery with the UFO test at 75 Hz with a GTX 1080. Looks like there is indeed no frame skipping.
https://imgur.com/a/fl9Ss

No, I have this monitor it does 75.5 Hz NVIDIA with no frame skipping. Great display, the only gaming display right now I prefer over it is the LG 32GK850G. But this is the ultra-wide to have if you can maintain minimum 75 FPS at this resolution since there is no G-Sync.

It's fucking beautiful! I picked it on the way out of town yesterday and played on in last night in the hotel. My poor 970m could only maintain about 45fps so I turned vsync on because the tearing was horrible.
Can't wait to get home tonight and use it on the PC .
20180208_172439.jpg

Trying to go back and forth on Acer's website between the two models. The only thing I see different between the two models is that the 001 has the MHL port, and the 002 does not .

I did some digging when I saw the box at Microcenter for the 001 didn't mention HDR and the 002 box had the HDR logo. It's just a firmware change on the 002 to read HDR. Even though it's "fake" HDR since the display is only ~300 cd/m2, it still looked better than SDR.

I did some digging when I saw the box at Microcenter for the 001 didn't mention HDR and the 002 box had the HDR logo. It's just a firmware change on the 002 to read HDR. Even though it's "fake" HDR since the display is only ~300 cd/m2, it still looked better than SDR.

My 001 has the HDR Ready logo on it.

Can't seem to get it enabled though. I know it's 8bit+frc, but bird should still be able to enable it

Back