Ace Combat 6

I want those graphics but with a sim on the level of LOMAC and not one or the other.
 
Well Milkweg, hopefully ED will hit a homerun with their upcoming DCS series (KA-50, then A-10A, then AH-64).
 
Just picked up the game with the joystick. Bought the bloody console just for the game too! So far I'm really liking the game, just wish I could have picked it up for a little less than $125. Need to get used to the joystick with the single player campaign before I try playing online, so there is a slight learning curve. Overall, great game.
 
I played AC4 on my PS2. Loved the game. I played the 360 demo when it came out a few months back, before my 360 bricked(again). I was gonna buy it, but now that I've bailed on the 360s....we need a PS3 version!
 
I played AC4 on my PS2. Loved the game. I played the 360 demo when it came out a few months back, before my 360 bricked(again). I was gonna buy it, but now that I've bailed on the 360s....we need a PS3 version!

I found my copy of AC4 the other night, I need to play it again!
 
We all are my friend, we all are...

I wanna second the idea for an [H] squadron though on multi player, especially if people will be using the PS3 :)

It's 360 exclusive I think. Which is bullshit!!! But shatever...
 
It's 360 exclusive I think. Which is bullshit!!! But shatever...

What other system could it be on? I certainly wouldn't want it on the PS3 controller... They'd find some way of using Sixaxis wrong, and then the triggers are so godawful... >_<

It works great on the 360. Be happy to play it there, more people with them too. :)
 
What other system could it be on? I certainly wouldn't want it on the PS3 controller... They'd find some way of using Sixaxis wrong, and then the triggers are so godawful... >_<

Wouldn't matter since you could plug in any USB joystick you want! ;)
 
The game is pure sex.

But we need an [H] squadron!

GT:MistakenID032 come on [H] we need to dominate the unfriendly skies.
 
It's an arcade sim, not a sim ;) Does the PS3 actually support that?

If the game was on the PS3 probably, but the game would have to support it. I know the PS3 works with basically any mouse/keyboard, but the game has to support it to function.

It also works with any Bluetooth headset you would use for your cellphone so you don't have to buy a new one.

I thnk GT5 will work with any steering wheel?
 
If the game was on the PS3 probably, but the game would have to support it. I know the PS3 works with basically any mouse/keyboard, but the game has to support it to function.

It also works with any Bluetooth headset you would use for your cellphone so you don't have to buy a new one.

I thnk GT5 will work with any steering wheel?

Pretty much, even my 360 Vision camera works on my PS3
 
It's 360 exclusive I think. Which is bullshit!!! But shatever...

I thought I saw a sourced statement somewhere that it was timed...PS3 version would show up awhiles later. Dunno though. If they feel like expending the effort to hit the PS3 userbase too (I haven't heard any real technical details about the game, but when you think about it, flight-sim engines are not as prevalent / common as others, they usually stay with only one company!)

I don't see why the DualShock3 would suck for this game though, AC04, AC5 and ACZ handled just fine with the DualShock2, I felt...
 
I thought I saw a sourced statement somewhere that it was timed...PS3 version would show up awhiles later. Dunno though. If they feel like expending the effort to hit the PS3 userbase too (I haven't heard any real technical details about the game, but when you think about it, flight-sim engines are not as prevalent / common as others, they usually stay with only one company!)

I don't see why the DualShock3 would suck for this game though, AC04, AC5 and ACZ handled just fine with the DualShock2, I felt...

Dualshock 3 may be different, but the Sixaxis sucks: The triggers are a joke (fingers slip, bad angle, and dead zone), plus the sticks aren't as precise.
 
Just bought the game last night and just wow! Everything about it is amazing!

My xbox id is Limbs a Flyin if you want to play.

Woohoo, just took out some kid in a F-22 in my F-117, damn that felt good! Online play is amazing.
 
LoL, an F-117 engaging in air-to-air combat...I'll bet it has a cannon too.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to play the game (loved the demo), but an F-117 with A2A capabilities? Um, no.
 
I'm sure that bomb bay could hold a couple of sidewinders...not like you need a radar lock for the aim 9 ;)
 
Whats even funnier is I was playing as an A-10 Warthog in air to air combat also. The things a beast.
 
I did some shopping over the weekend, and probably would have bought the game, if I found it. No luck though. :(
 
Does anyone know if that flight stick will work on a PC too? You know, being USB and all. Doesn't all 360 gamepads work on PC?
It pops up as Ace-Edge when you plug it into a PC. But will not install (WinXP64). But under WinXP it shows up fine and installs as a XB360 Controller (and looks like it will work).
 
LoL, an F-117 engaging in air-to-air combat...I'll bet it has a cannon too.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to play the game (loved the demo), but an F-117 with A2A capabilities? Um, no.
That's not as funny as (in real life) an unarmed EF-111 Raven scoring a kill against an iraqi F.1 Mirage in 1991.
 
It's a good game but it has some pretty glaring weaknesses. The missile range, lock-on inconsistencies, mission confusion, and idiotic Allied AI stand out the most.

When it's good, it's very good. When it's bad, you want to throw your controller.

I'll have a review up in a few days once I get more time on XBL.
 
It's a good game but it has some pretty glaring weaknesses. The missile range, lock-on inconsistencies, mission confusion, and idiotic Allied AI stand out the most.

When it's good, it's very good. When it's bad, you want to throw your controller.

I'll have a review up in a few days once I get more time on XBL.

************************SPOILER ALERT**********************************************


















Yeah the missions all ran exactly along the same lines as Ace Combat 5 except with better graphics. You know attack or defend the town, attack the beach, fly along the canyon, kill the head guy, destroy giant machine that you have to fly through, I was kinda disappointed I mean there is not too much you could do I guess. The idiotic teammates, thats funny I thought I was the only one. I cant tell you how many times I cussed those guys "Garuda 1 you have somone on your tail", your my frickin wingman get him off of me.
Knowing now I would have waited for a price drop before buying it.
 
My wife bought me the game a couple days ago, and I think I'm about half way through it right now. So far I really like the game. The only thing I don't like is the horrible dialogue and cut-scenes. They're just too damn cheesy. I don't know how many times I'll hear "go dance with the angels," before I beat this game, but the first 3 times were enough!

Graphics are fantastic, and there's plenty of jets and weapons to keep it interesting.
 
1770277595741.png
 
Back
Top