ABS Canyon 595 (Lian Li x500) + CoD: Black Ops for $159 AC

4.5 inches too tall to fit under the cabinets above my desk. Damnit! Hell of a deal on the case. I would be reselling the COD considering IT SUCKS!!!! Which would make the deal even better. Too bad they didn't knock $60 off the case extra if you don't want COD I would make room for it somewhere for that mater. May look stupid where it would be at but hey who cares.

Anyone know what the case was going for before this deal?

I know not the WAS price. It was the WAS price a year and a half ago and I've seen it marked down before somewhere in the $300 range.

The case goes for $299 before the deal.
It's actually a x2000 modified. Slightly less height, 120mm fans instead of 140mm and more space behind the motherboard than the x2000.

I wanted on of these cases so bad back in January but now I have a case that I like a lot, V1020R.
Cases are tough to resell so even if I bought it to make a profit, I'll still only break even in the end or be stuck with it.

Crazy deal when you include COD:BO for resell.

Two warning with this case:
Power supply can not be longer than 6-6.5" inches. I forgot the exact measurement, but find the smallest but most powerful PSU you can i.e. Silverstone Strider Plus ST1000-P
But it's a catch 22. A non-modualr PSU is preferred because the leads will press against the 5.25" bays. A Corsair TX950 will be ideal for this case. Don't even think about stuffing a Corsair HX1000/AX1200 in this case, it will hang out the back.

Last edited:
I ordered it... damn good deal IMO.

Now I have an ABS Black Pearl , CM 690 Advance II and This sitting around waiting for Computer parts...

Should sell my RV-01 and Move into the Canyon

I would have ordered it and made use of it somehow but I would be taking away from the $700 I have to shop on Black Friday for my girls. So Impulse buy off.

This is a great case. I had the X500 and like this design better. 4 Hot swap bays on the bottom. Great solid case.

Finally found a damn good all aluminum case for not much more than $100 after selling the game. Thanks OP.

I ordered it... damn good deal IMO.

Now I have an ABS Black Pearl , CM 690 Advance II and This sitting around waiting for Computer parts...

Should sell my RV-01 and Move into the Canyon

I'd buy that Black Pearl from you.. ;-)

I'd buy that Black Pearl from you.. ;-)

Your not the First to want it. I've had it in a sealed box for about 8 or so months. Just waiting to see if i will actually use it.

The case is so beautiful.

Anyone know how long this deal will last?

It looks interesting but I need to spend some time figuring out if this will work since it is such a non standard design. I cant tell if I will love or hate the side mounted optical drive. Who uses an optical drive anyway? ;) But there are other bay devices that wont work well out the side. With the buttons and IO on the top it does not seem like a good desk top computer. If they were on the side it would be sweet to sit it behind an LCD.

I was "this close" to being in for this deal, until I did some reading on the case and came up with the following picture:

pic30.jpg

There just isn't enough cable management for me, and I don't like that pretty much any psu is gonna need the extender...

yeah, this case is kind of whack. Sideways drives? No cable management? 6" for a PSU?

I halfway considered buying one to mod/cram an SR2 into, but I think I'll go for the 700D instead.

I was "this close" to being in for this deal, until I did some reading on the case and came up with the following picture:

There just isn't enough cable management for me, and I don't like that pretty much any psu is gonna need the extender...

wow, thats just nasty. i might have to throw mine up on craigslist.

wow, thats just nasty. i might have to throw mine up on craigslist.

I personally like it for my needs. By the looks of the pic too it looks like the person did not even attempt to manage the cables. Will hopefully be better once I get it to see what I am dealing with - I will be selling my COD copy though for $45..since that's what I paid thru D2D a week ago. So, $115 for this is not bad..

That was a hot deal.

Got away from me. I was going to pull the trigger but it got away. OOS.

Similar deal working for the more expensive ABS 695.

pic30.jpg

No, that is just a lazy person who didn't bother to clean up their cables. Yes some cases are easier with cable management but if you put the time and effort into it, any case can be wired nicely. It can be as clean as you want it to be or as dirty as you want it.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036031083&postcount=363

Yes, just someone that doesn't care about cable management and neatness....

THIS is the proper way to build a system....

1004644.jpg

1004662.jpg

That's the x500. I have that case. It's pretty nice.

That picture above of the psu extending out.... I don't like that. If I had known, I may not have jumped on this deal....

Uh it's a different brand but the designs of the two cases are virtually identical... Probably the exact same dimensions.

Anyway, here's the other combo deal for the canyon 695.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.556523

Unfortunately the discount on that case is not nearly as much. $400 too much for me ugh. If that case was around $200 I'd seriously consider it... It is, regardless, way overkill for the computer I'm planning on building. I just like the looks and design.

Yes, and the way the drives are spread out in the X500, cable management in it is actually MORE difficult than the ABS Canyon 595. Both ABS Canyon cases are modifed Lian Li cases.

Only problem with the 595, is that even with the extender for the PSU, a big power supply like the HX1000 or AX1200 still won't fit becaue its right behind the drive bays. Look at the pic of the X500 and the space between the end and the start of the 5.25" drive bays. Virtually no space.

Thats why I ended up with the Lian Li X900.

thats a different case

Not exactly watercool friendly. Kind of cramped too. Nice finish on it. But even at $199 it's a bit overpriced. The HAF mid-tower is more roomy. I would of jumped on this if it wasn't sold out though, I think I could set up a 3 x 120mm radiator inside this thing pretty easily.

In that picture, it looks like it's a regular sized psu though.... not a 1k watt

That's the x500. I have that case. It's pretty nice.

That picture above of the psu extending out.... I don't like that. If I had known, I may not have jumped on this deal....

I posted the PSU warning in the third post.

Not exactly watercool friendly. Kind of cramped too. Nice finish on it. But even at $199 it's a bit overpriced. The HAF mid-tower is more roomy. I would of jumped on this if it wasn't sold out though, I think I could set up a 3 x 120mm radiator inside this thing pretty easily.

It was $160 after coupon with a free copy of CoD: Black Ops. Sure the HAF has more room but the gamer case look is a little over the top. I'd rather pay more to get something that is cleaner looking.

pic30.jpg

Don't use that build as a basis for it having bad cable management. He did a piss poor job of running the cables. That's his fault, not the cases. I have built in an X500 and they are almost identical except for the bottom hard drives.

Back