About to see what this Opteron 165 can do...

threedd97

Limp Gawd
I did have it on my ASRock 939DUAL with an Ultra XConnect 500w PSU. It all sucked to say the least. I know have it on a DFI LanParty nF4 Ultra-D and an OCZ Powerstream 520w. I'm about to see what it can do:

opteron165.gif

I have a 165, DFI Ultra-D, and a Powerstream 520 also. I hit 2.6Ghz with mine on air. I can go higher, but I like the 1.4V temps :cool: . I'm going to move to a water setup soon, so we'll see if I can hit a little more ;).

kirbyrj said:
I have a 165, DFI Ultra-D, and a Powerstream 520 also. I hit 2.6Ghz with mine on air. I can go higher, but I like the 1.4V temps :cool: . I'm going to move to a water setup soon, so we'll see if I can hit a little more ;).

After taking my 144 from air to water, I have no intentions to go back to air, unless I have some catastrophic block failure, as that's the only part in my case. :cool: Minimizes worry on my part....I don't care if it leaks on the carpet. :) Yet to have a leak except for my leak testing after re-working the loop....just tighten those clamps good and you're set.

As for the overclock, be sure to post your gains...I'm interested to see a direct comparison between two boards and power supplies with the same proc. You might wanna write-over the serial # for your processor though....kinda like your processor's license plate.

Full Folding Ahead!

I have the exact same stepping/week, and mobo as u and i've got mine running at 2.75 (306x9) on 1.44 volts! I can get it to 2.8 but it takes quite abit more voltage to stablize. Not worth the extra temps/volts for 50 mhz when it's rock solid at 2.75 :)

kirbyrj said:
LOL...I was trying to buy your board :).

Why would you replace that DFI?

I just got mine working on the DFI without the BSOD's. I was plagued with them for 6 hours before I just did some changes with the DDR in the BIOS and a few other things I thought may be the problem. Now I'm stable as can be. Ran out of time though, can't OC.

I got the same stepping as you... it's been running great for a few weeks now at 2700mhz (300x9) at 1.55v

I have a same stepping 165 which does 2.8GHz @1.488V. It's also stable with 1.424V for 2~3 hours so I'm gonna get some better cooling to see if I can stablize it.

ChingChang said:
I got the same stepping as you... it's been running great for a few weeks now at 2700mhz (300x9) at 1.55v

I got it up to 300FSB, but was only running it at 1.45 or 1.475 volts. I could get into windows, but wouldn't pass the first torture test in prime95. I'll try raising to 1.55v. Right now I'm at 290HTT @ 1.5v.

Back