about the css fog issue..

felony

Weaksauce
Hey guys.

Recently stepped up to a 8800gts 640 meg to discover the game I play has issues with the card.

Did some searching and found this 'fog' issue with players at a distance. Besides the fact that I can't tell if the players are ct or t - at a certain distance I can't even ell they are there.

Is this problem only happening on certain systems - or pretty much anyone who cares about CSS?

Is there anyway for me to go back to my 7950gt ko without losing the money i paid for the step up?

I still have that issue too. Hoping there was a fix for it by now. Can't play at an FF on servers without taking out half my team. :D

Such a strange problem.

I read there is a temp fix to revert back to dx 8.1 - only problem is I am getting some errors when trying to join servers.

ugh - kinda wish i had my 7950gt back.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that EVGA will allow you to do a reverse step-up. I think that once the deal is done, it's done.

You have bought the card, it's yours. Your only option is to probably EBAY it unless the store will take it back with a restocking fee... My advice is to stop playing Counterstrike (come on everyone gave that up 5 years ago ;) ) and now that you have such a big card, buy Battlefield 2142 and start playing that. (it's a blast)

Hey guys.

Recently stepped up to a 8800gts 640 meg to discover the game I play has issues with the card.

Did some searching and found this 'fog' issue with players at a distance. Besides the fact that I can't tell if the players are ct or t - at a certain distance I can't even ell they are there.

Is this problem only happening on certain systems - or pretty much anyone who cares about CSS?

Is there anyway for me to go back to my 7950gt ko without losing the money i paid for the step up?

Add -dxlevel 81 on your css startup commands list in steam. it'll fix the issue until they fix it in the driver (or is it a valve issue? doesn't matter...this'll take care of it).

The issue happens on all 8800 cards running css in dx9 mode

thanks for the -dxlevel 81 tip. I was trying to do it from console inside the game and was having some probs joining servers after switching.

not interesting in bf2142. maybe ill reinstall bf2 and fear though..

Back