abit nf7-s or an7

weezle69

Weaksauce
Im getting a new mother board and was wondering which mother board was better the abit nf7-s or the an7? Im running an amd 2800 with 512 of ram and 2 80 gig hard drives. thanks.

I'm also curious. I've heard many responses but most of them were "NF7-S because it's been out longer," which is NOT a valid response at all.

Go with the NF7-S, i just got one and i love it, nice and stable and also very fast, good for overclocking, also go to newegg.com and read the reviews and prices for those two boards. i didnt read many of the AN7 boards reviews but the NF7-S reviews DONT LIE!!! :)

DEFINATELY the nf7-s. and not even counting the other features, its overclocking OWNS the an7

if u dont need firewire or SATA, get the nf7. 65 bucks on newegg. It KILLS the biostar mobos. Fo' Shizzle! :D

I heard that the nf7-s overclocks a lot better, besides uguru(Micro guru) isn't that great: I have it on my family's comp which consists of an ai7 and a pentium 4 2.8 c.

I have both boards, with 2800's and 1024mb. I prefer the NF7-S for the slightly better sound, and ability to use MBM5. I feel the U-Guru is a waste. It is an interesting concept, but failed misereably. Both systems run fine, OC well, and have been virtually trouble free, but I would go for the NF7-S for it's ease of use and better sound quality, and the price has become very affordable. Read Kyle's review in the archive, and you will agree. NF7-S rules!

there is no reason not to get the NF7-S. But there are still reasons not to get the AN7, such as poor overclocking, useless features (uGuru), and some other irregularities.. the NF7-S has all it's bugs worked out on, and has an amazing amount of community support.. There are numerous modded bios's for it, and plenty of support..

All in all, it's almost a perfect board, that is fast, stable, and oc's very well.. And for $85 right now, you can't beat it.. Be sure to pick one up now, as looks like they've been discontinued and the sites are starting to not carry them any longer.

dandragonrage said:
DEVILDOG, AN7 has the better DAC.....
No one will know the DAC difference, only fools pretend to be experts do.

1_ 16-bit sounds through 24-bit DACs will still be 16-bit sounds.
2_ Your typical computer background noise level barely good enough for 16-bit sounds much less 24-bit.
3_ Most people can't even hear the low level powerline hums, much less 24-bit level.

Used both, wish I still had my NF7-s. Both of the AN7's I'm using seem to hit a wall around 2.4Ghz. Hell my Albatron KX18D Pro II can do 2.5Ghz with the same chip at less voltage. Not to mention uGuru has to be the worse feature ever incorporated on a motherboard.

Back