• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Abit IS7 or Abit VT7 ?

Hurricane

n00b
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
7
I would go with Intel... they are historically faster and more stable than VIA. I'm personally biased against VIA, imho they have made some of the worst chipsets of any company I've ever had the unfortunate experience of owning.

Supposedly they have been getting much better... but I still don't trust them.
 
Definitely get the IS7. The VT7 was a little buggy last time I checked (it was a while ago). The ATA100 or ATA133 won't make any difference in performance at all. Intel chipsets are rock solid (I wish they made a A64 chipset ;) ).
 
IS7 definitely. I've used one of those before and it's a fantastic board...one of abit's finest. 865 is one of those legendary chipsets that you can't possibly go wrong with. PT880 is actually quite a nice chipset too (better memory performance than 865/875 and the venerable 8237 SB which compares well to ICH5) but I've heard that the VT7 is a very poor implementation of it. I personally have used an MSI PT880 Neo in a box before and it did very well...but ultimately 865 is still a better chipset.
 
Back
Top