Abit IP35-PRO Review Comments

200mg

Limp Gawd
Good review.(http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTM4OCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==) I read so many good things about this board I ordered one from newegg but there was something wrong with the pcie x16 #1 slot, so they are sending me a new one.

I did notice this review missed the only thing that really bothered me about the board which is the 4pin molex power connection directly under the first pci slot, other than that, it looked good.

I think the review looks good!!

One question, speaking about the few drawbacks, it was stated "The only other complaint I had was the lack of active cooling on the heat pipe. However, this drawback only really becomes an issue when using a water cooling type setup, and is easily remedied with a fan blowing across the Northbridge. To abit’s credit, I found that only a minimal amount of air was needed to cool the heat pipe, even under the most strenuous overclocking conditions".

If I order this gem of a board, I know I would be water cooling it...

I already have ordered a D-TEK FuZion CPU Waterblock. ;)

If you water cool this board, the entire heat pipe has to come off correct?

Would we probably still try to jet a fan toward the Northbridge if we did manage to get a waterblock on it?

I would like to know what other waterblocks will work well on this card, for the rest of the areas other than CPU.

Talonman, yeah you have to remove the whole thing. But if your watercooling the NB, you just need to throw a decent heatsink on the Power Regulators, and the SB doesnt require really anything, some boards slap a heatsink on it and some dont.

TalonMan, that review is what put me over the top. Ordered this board Tues, got it yesterday. Because I'm moving from an AMD system, I had to get a processor and RAM too. It wasn't supposed to come 'till Monday when my wife would have been at work. Up rolls my favorite FedEx girl with my new toys while my spouse is setting here. :eek:

The memory overclocking was a lot less stellar however. The highest speed I could get the memory, which is rated to run as high as 1225MHz, to boot at was the 1080MHz as seen in with the CPU FSB at 450MHz. Any higher on the memory speed resulted in a non-booting system.

Is it true that ABIT IP35 Pro's max memory bus is a lot worser than example ASUS P5K Deluxe's like this review suggest?

The memory overclocking was a lot less stellar however. The highest speed I could get the memory, which is rated to run as high as 1225MHz, to boot at was the 1080MHz as seen in with the CPU FSB at 450MHz. Any higher on the memory speed resulted in a non-booting system.

Is it true that ABIT IP35 Pro's max memory bus is a lot worser than example ASUS P5K Deluxe's like this review suggest?

If that's the case, my Abit IP35 is a junk of a board! How dare it run my DDR2-800 Ballistix ram at a stupid speed of DDR2-1180 :confused: Oh dang, that's right, I don't believe every little thing any review says. Some of it is trial and error, but a good bit of information is always had when reading reviews.

It's true that abit mobos tend not to overclock RAM as high as Asus but that's because abit tend to run tighter internal latencies than Asus.
Unless you have an (synthetic) app. that is very bandwidth sensitive it won't make any difference.

Back