ABIT IP35-E or ABIT IP35-V ?

Is the board from Newegg a good deal? Will I be able to drop the new quad cores from Intel in it next year?

The IP35-E is one of the most popular and trusted budget P35 overclockers boards in existence along with the Gigabyte DS3L. There are hundreds of threads/replies on various forums on both these boards. I have both and they're both excellent - running an E4400 on one and E4500 on other both easily OC past 3ghz. Mwave has had the IP35-E for about $70AR for months. If you want a hundred reviews and comments on these just google it :)

-E has the ICH9 chip and the -V has the ICH7

bit more to it than that though.
The -V has firewire & the -E doesn't.
However it looks to have a simpler PWM than on the -E & we don't know how the BIOS compare.
The -V is so new that I haven't seen any user feedback yet but I'm guessing that it doesn't overclock as well - somebody buy 1 & let us know :p.

bit more to it than that though.
The -V has firewire & the -E doesn't.
However it looks to have a simpler PWM than on the -E & we don't know how the BIOS compare.
The -V is so new that I haven't seen any user feedback yet but I'm guessing that it doesn't overclock as well - somebody buy 1 & let us know :p.

That's basically it... and the puke colored PCB. Blue looks so much better even though it sacrifices firewire.

I know I was about to order one, it shows as deactivated item, does that mean it wont be back in stock anytime soon? Can anyone recommend another board thats as good in the same price range? its to go with a E6750 and 8800 gt.

I don't see abit stopping making a board that has done so well for them - if anything imo it's more likely that it's doing so well that it's outselling supplies in the US & they're probably waiting on a shipment.

it doesn't seem to be found anywhere anymore sadly, atleast at mwave and clubit.
discontinued for the ip35-v? seems really odd since it's one of the most popular motherboards.

I just talked to a Newegg support guy and he said its not an item they carry. anyone have any info on the ip35-v?

i bought the -e and i like it, other than the dual boot isuse (which they are releasing fixed bios) its a good board, I had trouble install fedora because of Jmicron thing, but the livecd fixed that.

Pretty weird for them to just stop carrying it. I wonder how the IP35-V fairs in the overclocking realm.

Oh well, I got my IP35-E and I hope I'm happy with it. Haven't had a chance to set up my new machine due to waiting not so patiently for the rest of my components to come in. It's killing me!

Can someone please explain what's the difference between the ICH7 and ICH9 chipsets? I was about to spring on the ABIT IP35-E after hearing people swear by it. But now it seems the lowest price for it is $110 at ZZF. It hurts especially after people say its been around for $70 at mwave forever. That's more than a 50% hike in price! Guess I'll go for the Gigabyte DS3L if I can't get the IP35-E cheap somewhere.

I just need a good mobo for some decent overclocking. Don't need SLI or RAID or firewire. I hope to push a Q6600 to just about 3GHz with a thermalright ultra-120 extreme.

I know I was about to order one, it shows as deactivated item, does that mean it wont be back in stock anytime soon? Can anyone recommend another board thats as good in the same price range? its to go with a E6750 and 8800 gt.

The Abit Fatal1ty board is very nice. (Abit FP-IN9 SLI) It's what I have with that exact same combo. (6750 and 8800GT)

the Abit IP35Pro is $147.50 AR incl shipping right now at Clubit. They don't have the "E" either. I wonder if the "E" was taking too many sales from the Pro.

According to this site the -E and -V are both ICH9

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3138&p=2

ip35ecb0.jpg

ip35vwv3.jpg

Lucky you. I got pretty much everything, except the motherboard, and now it seems they dont have IP35E anymore. :(

Pretty weird for them to just stop carrying it. I wonder how the IP35-V fairs in the overclocking realm.

Oh well, I got my IP35-E and I hope I'm happy with it. Haven't had a chance to set up my new machine due to waiting not so patiently for the rest of my components to come in. It's killing me!

Anyone know of a link to the manual for the IP35V? I cannot seem to find one on the abit USA site or the ABIT worldwide site.

TIA
Gwyneth

Back