Abit IP-35 Pro 7F post error - no video

Apathy

Gawd
RESOLVED

7F code on boot, no video, no beeps. unplugged all drives / usb, etc, cmos clear, nothing. any other thoughts?

futhermore god damnt this sucks hella bad. spend 2 grand, wait a couple days, spend an hour or 2 putting it all together all excited to turn it on. spend another couple hours trying to figure out why it wont post. what the fuck. why didn't i see any threads about 620hx + abit ip35 = bad. why didnt anyone warn me....

/cry

so now its 11:45am, and ive been awake since yesterday at 3pm, got off work this morning at 7am to come home and finish my build, and now im going to wait 15 more minutes to call abit and say WHAT THE FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS. unless of course someone has a fix for me.

Well in the appendix of the IP35-Pro manual it says:

7F - Switch back to text mode if full screen logo is supported
-If errors occur, report errors & wait for keys
-If no errors occur or F1 key is pressed to continue: Clear EPA or customization logo

It's not a problem with your PSU, I am using the 520HX and there's no problems.
Are you sure you have power to everything? including your 3870x2?
Try just connecting the essentials, single HDD, one stick of RAM, no optical drives or anything and see if you can POST then?

is the cmos switch on the I/O panel in the correct position? i remember when i built my system for some reason it was in the clear setting and it would not post but once i changed it my system worked fine.

He only had the 6 pin PCIe power connector installed, didn't know you could connect another 6 pin to the 8 pin socket to the the 3870X2 working.

Also not sure he was running high enough vdimm for his RAM. Got it sorted.

He only had the 6 pin PCIe power connector installed, didn't know you could connect another 6 pin to the 8 pin socket to the the 3870X2 working.

Oh shit. That's my fault, sort of. Told him in another thread that all he needed to get the 3870X2 up and running was a single 6pin. Totally forgot that he had a 3870X2

Back