• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

A8N32 Bizarre Issue

Opie

Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
986
OK, this is beyond strange: I haven't touched my bios in weeks. This morning my computer will not even post and played BF2 a *lot* yesterday. Starting to panic after multiple attempts to start up I kill the PSU via the rocker switch, turn it back and I get a post - whew. My releief turns to panic again once the machine tells me that my "Overclock Failed" and I must go into setup.

Everything looks OK until I go to the FSB freq and its set at 456! I have not / did not set it at this! I lower it to 200 and everything is now fine & dandy.

Have any of you seen anything like this before?
 
Mine has done that before without messing with it as well... I changed it, but thank god it didn't mess anything up? :)
 
No one in my house even knows what a bios is but me.....I guess its a testament to this board's failsafe mechanisms that nothing got damaged.
 
sounds like a backup battery issue ... but on such a new MOBO!? Weird

Anyway, check bios to see if it shows battery volts, or yank the battery and get a volt meter to it, it might be a lemon. If you pull the battery with u]your PSU on / System Off then it should keep your settings. I would note them down just in case.

Has anyone had this and tried flashing a fresh BIOS on it, you know, kinda to freshen up the bios memory in case of some glitch?
 
Back
Top