• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A8N SLi - Problem with SPDIF

n0_sh1t

n00b
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
11
Hey,
i have a problem with the optical SPDIF Output of my mainboard. If I install die original ASUS Sound drivers the optical Output works without any problems. But if i try to use the unified nvidia platform driver I cannot get the output to work. It just stays black, the red light doesnt light up. Anyone know what i did wrong? Do i need to enable the output explicitly? I already did that in the nvmixer without any effect.
Thanks for your help.
Laterz
 
Maybe try getting the newest Realtek drivers. I think they'd work better than the Nvidia ones. I'm assuming it has some version of the ALC850 chip.
 
Hey,
sure i could do that. But i wonder what the problem with the nvidia drivers is. Anyone has the same problem? Or do you just install the nvidia drivers and everything works perfectly?
Laterz
 
It may be possible your Asus board doesn't use the nforce audio chip. My MSI board has a creative live SB 24. Stick with your Mobo drivers and skip nvidias.
 
Back
Top