A8N-SLI or LanParty or ? (buying this weekend)

Zamboni

[H]ard|Gawd
Like it says, I'm torn between the A8N-SLI Premium or the LanParty NF4 SLI-DR. Are there any reasons to pick one over the other, or is there another option? Assume dual-core and SLI, so I'm not concerned about the price of the board.

(The FoxConn NFPIK8AA is intriguing, but dual core is going to be painful.)

Thanks.

Both looks good dependin on ur preference. For best stable ocin so it's DFI. If u don't want to oc then use Asus mobo. Both mobo looks good and r very stable plus both of em will work with X2 for sure. :)

Yup, the DFI is the OC'ing board, but if you're not going real high on the OC get the ASUS.

I like the fact that the ASUS premium has software selectable SLI as opposed to changing around a card or something.

I should add I won't be overclocking. I also like the third PCI slot on the Asus.

Thanks for the ideas.

the ASUS is rock solid stable! it can O/C a decent bit. i love mine immensly! if you go with it, you won't be disappointed!

Zamboni said:
I should add I won't be overclocking. I also like the third PCI slot on the Asus.

Thanks for the ideas.

If you're not OCing, Asus is the way to go.

im torn between these two boards also but for not OC'ing im gunna say ASUS

A8N-SLi has the most mature BIOS support over any other SLi board.

however, I'm going with the DFI, because I'm going to try out either Peltier or Phaze Change cooling on my next setup. ...DFI has higher CPU core voltage support as well as temperature sensors which read into the negative centigrade regions.

Either choice you make, you're going to be extremely happy with the product m8. Have you considered the NF4 Fatal1ty board? it's the latest one out.

I looked at the Fatal1l!111!!!ly board out of curiosity, but the guy's ego makes my skin crawl. :) Plus the added bonus of one less PCI slot and four fewer SATA slots, wheee.

I had bad luck with some Abit boards a while back (so bad I abandoned AMD entirely for several years), so they would have to come up with one hell of a board before I'd look at them again.

Back