a

• Thread starter Deleted member 104402
  • Start date
Why did you buy it to begin with? You knew there was going to be patience involved at first. You have The New Order, and Watch Dogs coming out just this month. Other good games are coming this summer and fall. Here's a list with release dates. Also PS Now is supposedly coming out this summer.

I'd probably hold off selling the PS4 until after E3, if by then nothing excites you or interests you - sell it. The thing will probably still resell for a pretty coin then too.

It looks really nice and plays well on ps4. For some reason i enjoy this on ps4? I have a pc totally capable of running it, but playing on the couch relaxing or in remote play on my ps vita is fun.

FF14 on remote play is amazing. On a business trip right now and even through the crappy hotel net it runs like a dream. Not perfect, wouldn't raid with it, but for quests, fates, and crafting it's fantastic.

One of the coolest gaming features I've experienced in ages.

FF14 on remote play is amazing. On a business trip right now and even through the crappy hotel net it runs like a dream. Not perfect, wouldn't raid with it, but for quests, fates, and crafting it's fantastic.

One of the coolest gaming features I've experienced in ages.

Oh man I just picked up my vita. Can't wait for the PS4 titles to roll in so I can use the remote play. Exciting times.

That was always my impression too, only knowing young kids who play that game...

So bad parenting and chances are most kiddies received the latest console for Christmas because they are spoiled?

Second Son looked and played great. Wish Naughty Dog would make stuff for all systems/PC. Never played Last of Us either.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, if I'm going to own 1 console it's going to be the Xbox. Titanfall, Halo & XboxLive are what swayed me.

Second Son looked and played great. Wish Naughty Dog would make stuff for all systems/PC. Never played Last of Us either.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, if I'm going to own 1 console it's going to be the Xbox. Titanfall, Halo & XboxLive are what swayed me.

I had two red ring XBOX 360's, now they have to earn my trust by having a stretch with a solid system. And they have to PROVE it....

I had two red ring XBOX 360's, now they have to earn my trust by having a stretch with a solid system. And they have to PROVE it....

I had 3 RRODs and my current one has been solid for almost 6 years now. Other people report pretty much the same thing. That's a pretty good stretch.

I have owned both consoles since launch day and right now I think both pretty great for different reasons. I really like how snappy the PS4 is and Infamous: Second son was totally worth playing. The only thing I don't like about the PS4 is the battery life of the controller and it's intense light which can finally be dimmed now. The Xbox One is great because of it's media focus to me at least. I haven't liked the gaming library so far but I'm sure that's soon to change. Other than the library I don't really have anything bad to say about the Xbox One and the library will change. I don't think you can go wrong with either console.

I have owned both consoles since launch day and right now I think both pretty great for different reasons. I really like how snappy the PS4 is and Infamous: Second son was totally worth playing. The only thing I don't like about the PS4 is the battery life of the controller and it's intense light which can finally be dimmed now. The Xbox One is great because of it's media focus to me at least. I haven't liked the gaming library so far but I'm sure that's soon to change. Other than the library I don't really have anything bad to say about the Xbox One and the library will change. I don't think you can go wrong with either console.

Agree with all of this.

Xbox one owners look forward to Junes update the current beta dash is FAST and stuff is really coming together nicely. MS is going nuts with system updates and improvements.

Dimming the light bar helped some on the ps4 I have custom decals over mine as well.

I've had 2 PS3s..first one Yellow light of death. Second Blu-Ray drive is grinding.
Junk all around..at leasdt MS covered peoples asses..sony nothing.

I've had 2 PS3s..first one Yellow light of death. Second Blu-Ray drive is grinding.

3 RRoDs for 360 here. None for the 3 PS3's I own. I also own 3 XB360.

Microsoft didn't exactly handle the rrod problem well. They denied it for a year and then just extended the 90 day warranty to one year. It wasn't until two years after launch that they actually did something about it with the three year warranty and refunded peoples repair bills. However this still left people who tried diy repairs on their out of warranty consoles SOL.

Microsoft didn't exactly handle the rrod problem well. They denied it for a year and then just extended the 90 day warranty to one year. It wasn't until two years after launch that they actually did something about it with the three year warranty and refunded peoples repair bills. However this still left people who tried diy repairs on their out of warranty consoles SOL.

At first , no they did not , but then they did a complete 180 and spent over a billion dollars to fix the problem AND offer an extended warranty period to those that suffered from it. Still it took gamers over 6+ weeks to get repaired consoles back and often they would break again. Some even got back previous revision consoles that were louder and hotter since sometimes the problem wasn't as easy to fix with a heat gun and patience.

I had 6 360's (no fucking joke) but even then I still loved the system. However I think Microsoft learned from this as the Xbox One is a gigantic 1980's VHS type box with a huge fan keeping everything cool. I highly doubt we'll see this problem repeated.

Sold my PS4. I will get it back later this year or next year sometime. I got better things to spend $400 on. Got tired of waiting on all the great games to come out. It's not worth it right now tbh. :eek:

Sold my PS4. I will get it back later this year or next year sometime. I got better things to spend $400 on. Got tired of waiting on all the great games to come out. It's not worth it right now tbh. :eek:

Plays Hulu and Netflix great though!

Anyway this applies to almost all consoles. Takes a while to get a full library of games to pick from.

Yar, they rarely are worth it in their first year. I had mine all preordered up since last summer, but my truck needed new tires so that ate into my console fund. Truth be told, I'm kinda glad that happened, because I'm sure I'd be feeling antsy too.

With that said, I'm thinking Holiday 2015 will be the perfect time to pick one up (hopefully a revised model as well).

I bought it for Netflix, Amazon Instant Video & inFamous Second Son. Have to wait for inFamous though, since its on my b-day wishlist. I'll keep watch on what games will interest me as time goes on. Mainly being a PC gamer means that I can wait it out w/o feeling jacked over by the lack of releases.

The inferace is great, though I definitely want the media player support to be released ASAP. Theming would be great, too.

Any recommendations for games in addition to inFamous Second Son?

I bought it for Netflix, Amazon Instant Video & inFamous Second Son. Have to wait for inFamous though, since its on my b-day wishlist. I'll keep watch on what games will interest me as time goes on. Mainly being a PC gamer means that I can wait it out w/o feeling jacked over by the lack of releases.

The inferace is great, though I definitely want the media player support to be released ASAP. Theming would be great, too.

Any recommendations for games in addition to inFamous Second Son?

I like the new baseball game and rayman is good also.

Written via my iphone - excuse any typos.

I bought my PS4 at launch, there were server issues to begin with. I've enjoyed playing my PS4 and all of the free games along the way. I've also purchased COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, MLB 14 The Show, Rayman Legends, Lego The Movie, and some other digitally downloaded games. Going to pick up AC:4 and Infamous pretty soon ...

I also bought an XB1 at launch, I've since sold the XB1 and bought another PS4 for my children. The only complaint from them is that minecraft isn't out on PS4 yet, otherwise they love it. Oh, and their gamer score isn't carried over to PS4! haha!!

I use my PS4 mostly to game, but we also use it for movies/blurays when I'm not gaming on it and when I am the family will either use the other PS4 or our PS3. I still use my XB360 quite a bit as well because I have a lot of friends on there.

If anyone were pondering about whether or not to buy a PS4, I would suggest it. It's a great gaming console and it really outperforms the XB1 handily. Not only is it faster, but it's far more simple to do the common things like jump into a game, adjust your sound settings, join or leave a party, etc. The XB1 is slow and navigating it's OS is nearly a pain in the ass at times.

Side note - The Kinect-less XB1 is coming out June 9th, and I'll be getting one so that I don't lose touch with my friends that won't be making the switch, but also some of the games as well.

That's my $0.02

Your trophy "score" is carried over to PS4. I'm not sure what your kids are talking about. :confused:

They are coming from XBOX 360 and had a decent amount of gamerscore, but nothing worth making a fuss over or anything.

Oh... Xbox Live to PSN move. Got it. :eek:

I like the new baseball game and rayman is good also.

Thanks. I haven't played any baseball games since Tecmo Super Baseball on the Sega Genesis. What's great about MLB14: The Show?

Platformers can be enjoyable, so I'll give Rayman a look.

Last edited:
Oh... Xbox Live to PSN move. Got it. :eek:

Thanks. I haven't played any baseball games since Tecmo Super Baseball on the Sega Genesis. What's great about MLB14: The Show?

Platformers can be enjoyable, so I'll give Rayman a look.

Mlb the show is the best baseball game hands down

That gives me confidence to find it at a low price.

I'll try the demo out & see how it goes.
The cool thing about Rayman Legends is that you get Origins built into the game, so really, you're getting Origins and Legends for one price and you should be able to pick it up for 40.00 or less.

MLB 14: The Show is definitely the best baseball game I've played in years and years, and haven't had that much playing a baseball game since the old days of Tecmo and RBI.

bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne...received it from Amazon a little while ago...looks pretty...came with a 2 week free trial of PS+ which is nice because I don't want to buy a 3 month or 1 year subscription (yet)...this is my first console!!...I'm actually excited about hooking it up...my first impressions are that it looks pretty...the DualShock controller also looks sexy...will this turn me to the dark side and make me turn away from my PC?

Time to load up some games and enjoy. Great machine. I love mine and it gets more playtime than Xboner thanks to Destiny and Dragon Age Inquisition. Thanks to 4K tv set even the games look sharp and require less AA (upscaling works wonders).

bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne...received it from Amazon a little while ago...looks pretty...came with a 2 week free trial of PS+ which is nice because I don't want to buy a 3 month or 1 year subscription (yet)...this is my first console!!...I'm actually excited about hooking it up...my first impressions are that it looks pretty...the DualShock controller also looks sexy...will this turn me to the dark side and make me turn away from my PC?

Didn't you already say in another thread you were returning your console in 30 days anyway?

my PS4 is on the FedEx truck for delivery...I don't know if 30 days is enough time to see and discover everything Bloodborne has to offer...plus I need to devote a few days to playing the Last of Us Remastered which came bundled with it...might get tempted to keep the console...

Didn't you already say in another thread you were returning your console in 30 days anyway?

selling it or returning it was my original plan but I'm getting tempted to just keep it...I'll wait 2 weeks before deciding what to do

the quote you linked to also says that I'm getting tempted to keep it

You can tell they skimped on build quality compared to PS3. I get vibrations from the BD drive spinning. But at least they didn't gimp the hw as bad as the other consoles.

only thing that is annoying is that the DualShock controller can only be used wirelessly...hope it doesn't cause any lag in-game

Back