a

• Thread starter Deleted member 104402
  • Start date
Someone pm me when The Order 1886, Everybody's Gone to The Rapture, or Sunset Overdrive comes out. Then there might actually be a reason to get and play a new console. Cuz I don't see anything but trash at the moment.

Someone pm me when The Order 1886, Everybody's Gone to The Rapture, or Sunset Overdrive comes out. Then there might actually be a reason to get and play a new console. Cuz I don't see anything but trash at the moment.

thanks for your awesome input on your impressions of you being a PS4 owner! quality post!

to previous poster about the headsets, the Turtle Beach x12 seems to work perfect for me, audio and microphone after receiving the ps4 specific cable for it.

thanks for your awesome input on your impressions of you being a PS4 owner! quality post!

to previous poster about the headsets, the Turtle Beach x12 seems to work perfect for me, audio and microphone after receiving the ps4 specific cable for it.

I own one I just didn't get it yet. ;)

The games suck, but that'll definately get better. I needed a blu ray player, and I use it a lot for streaming. So for me, it was a worthwhile purchase. But if your looking for JUST games, I'd say to wait a year when your "must have" games comes out on it.

Any recommendations for a good PS4 game? I don't own one myself but I'd like to buy one for someone I know for Christmas.

He only has Battlefield 4 at the moment. He had COD but returned it (unopened as he was happy with BF4). He isn't a sports gamer, doesn't lime Resogun and felt that Assasins Creed 3 was boring after a bit of gameplay. He was looking forward to Drive Club though.

Any recommendations for a good PS4 game? I don't own one myself but I'd like to buy one for someone I know for Christmas.

He only has Battlefield 4 at the moment. He had COD but returned it (unopened as he was happy with BF4). He isn't a sports gamer, doesn't lime Resogun and felt that Assasins Creed 3 was boring after a bit of gameplay. He was looking forward to Drive Club though.

AC4 is SIGNIFICANTLY better than AC3. If he just doesn't like AC at all then it might be tough. AC4 and FIFA 14 are my most recommended games. I absolutely do NOT recommend Killzone. NFS Rivals is OK if he likes racing games. It does do things a little different, though. People rave about Skylanders but I've never played it. Does he have kids?

AC4 is SIGNIFICANTLY better than AC3. If he just doesn't like AC at all then it might be tough. AC4 and FIFA 14 are my most recommended games. I absolutely do NOT recommend Killzone. NFS Rivals is OK if he likes racing games. It does do things a little different, though. People rave about Skylanders but I've never played it. Does he have kids?

AC4 was a blast, I finished it in 2 weeks or so. I own AC1/2.. never played AC2.. I got bored of AC1 pretty quickly. AC4 on the other hand... was pretty awesome all the way.

I just did not like Kidd's voice. It did not match the character at all.

Question how do I know when the ps4 is going to record a clip and when it wont?

Question how do I know when the ps4 is going to record a clip and when it wont?

I think you have to actually press the share button for it to record anything.. but I haven't used that function much so not sure if that's the only way.

Seems like the only clips I have is when I press the share button.

I think you have to actually press the share button for it to record anything.. but I haven't used that function much so not sure if that's the only way.

Seems like the only clips I have is when I press the share button.

It should be recording all the time, but it only STORES if you tell it to.

Modulo shit working as advertised.

Can you turn recording off? I can't find it in my settings and am thinking about getting a 1TB Samsung Evo.

I can't stop playing resogun and nba 2k14. The controller is so much better the only downfall is the terrible battery life

Can you turn recording off? I can't find it in my settings and am thinking about getting a 1TB Samsung Evo.

It doesn't record all the time, and to the above poster asking how you can tell when its recording....you have to give the share button a double tap then on the right side of the screen you'll see a box with a red circle and a screen in it showing your recording has begun, the notification will only show for a second or so so watch for it.

A hard drive upgrade is needed for sure. I only have 305gb left. I want to get bf4 digital but i'd rather have a 2tb drive before i download it

Nba2k14 is way better then 2k13, and the difference between ps3 and ps4 is night and day. It's a must buy game. I had 2k14 on the ps3 and the ps4 version is a totally different game plus the graphics are way better.

A hard drive upgrade is needed for sure. I only have 305gb left. I want to get bf4 digital but i'd rather have a 2tb drive before i download it

HDD space is there to be used, the PS4 version of BF4 is pretty good, go for it

The audio sections for the PS4 are definitely a step backwards. You can only choose your hook-up and output codec...not your number of speakers or anything else.
It automatically assumes you have a 7.1 set-up via PCM and a 5.1 set-up for DTS/DD. Apparently lots of surround set-ups are also having issues with channels disappearing or worse - just getting 5+ channels of mono. There's also the issue of having separate sound settings hidden away for movies, too. Not very "next-gen" IMO. The Xbox One configures itself for individual parts down to each TV and receiver model. It's far better and easier for a HT machine.

The audio sections for the PS4 are definitely a step backwards. You can only choose your hook-up and output codec...not your number of speakers or anything else.
It automatically assumes you have a 7.1 set-up via PCM and a 5.1 set-up for DTS/DD. Apparently lots of surround set-ups are also having issues with channels disappearing or worse - just getting 5+ channels of mono. There's also the issue of having separate sound settings hidden away for movies, too. Not very "next-gen" IMO. The Xbox One configures itself for individual parts down to each TV and receiver model. It's far better and easier for a HT machine.

good to know. I might hang onto my ps3 as my blu ray player for my main HT setup.

It'll get addressed. The Xbox One needed it to be smooth because of the heavy media association and TV usage.

They must of patched some textures in Killzone last night with that 330 meg patch game looks better slightly.
I never seen so many base campers in the game as I did today though LOL just standing behind shields the entire match throwing grenades must be the 1st time these kids played.

This is not good. You think Sony would have upgraded their network to handle all the Christmas PS4 traffic, and have plenty of servers and bandwith to handle all the new systems. Thats why they are charging everyone.

Not very cool to have a new PS4 for Christmas, only to not be able to sign into PSN and register.

You have a million or so people logging in and downloading from literally all over the world.

^ In Merle's voice from the Walking Dead....Should've bought a Wii U...if you had any balls left.

I just got my new PS4 delivered today. And the PSN network is still really bad, very slow. I'm trying to redeem the 30 day code for PS+ and its taking forever.

Nice job Sony, love your new improved pay for network service!

I just got my new PS4 delivered today. And the PSN network is still really bad, very slow. I'm trying to redeem the 30 day code for PS+ and its taking forever.

Nice job Sony, love your new improved pay for network service!

Eh.. its still better than previously. With the Xmas rush I can see why it has its slow down. It'll get better in time.

CoD alone has seen a double in player base after Xmas. I can't imagine how many people are playing BF4 now either.

I got mine on the 23rd but had to leave for home..just got backed hooked up and it downloaded the 1.52 update (about 333mb) did it pretty fast. Have not had to much of a chance to play around but it picked up my HP bluetooth kb fast to help get through all my setups.

Late to the post but I've had mine since launch day and have been enjoying it immensely! So far I have Call of Duty Ghosts, Need for Speed Rivals, and Resogun. I'm having a blast with all three!

I rented Killzone Shadow Fall from Gamefly and am underwhelmed by the single-player - it's an amazing looking game but (at least so far) the pacing is all of the place. I thought about finishing it just to get the trophies but we'll see. I'm going to try some multiplayer this weekend hopefully - I hear thats where the game shines.

I'm waiting on hopefully some more gift cards and am planning to buy Battlefield 4 to finish out 2013

And I love the DS4 - yes I read all of the articles, etc. but you really don't know how good it is until you hold it in your hand. Personally I was NOT expecting it to be as good as it is!

Last edited:
Any ETA on the DLNA ability?
My PS4 is collecting dust, has been since launch. I still use my PS3 for the media player every day. Im on the fence if I want to sell the PS4 as with no good games currently, and no media player abilities, its useless.

The list of multimedia fixes and wishes is pretty long, so we might not see things like DLNA for a bit.
Sony definitely went the route of game machine first and everything else second.

The HDMI in isn't doing multi channel audio yet :/ the beta option isn't working that well either. As many have said, both consoles will get fixes and updates. Last gen wasn't that polished in the beginning either

Back