a

• Thread starter Deleted member 104402
  • Start date
I can't beat the second level in Resogun. Just can't figure out how to kill the final machine. :eek:

Last edited:
I can't beat the second level in Resogun. Just can't figure out how to kill the final machine. :eek:

Blow up the green pads on the outside, then you need to move inside the first ring and avoid the jets of fire. Or maybe that's the first boss...

Blow up the green pads on the outside, then you need to move inside the first ring and avoid the jets of fire. Or maybe that's the first boss...

Yeah, that's the first boss.

The 2nd boss,
gotta blow up the 4 points on the outside, then the boss morphs and starts chasing you. When he stops, he will morph again and shoot homing lasers at you, when he does that, the green side will be exposed. You have to blow up both sides to defeat him.

Yeah, that's the first boss.

The 2nd boss,
gotta blow up the 4 points on the outside, then the boss morphs and starts chasing you. When he stops, he will morph again and shoot homing lasers at you, when he does that, the green side will be exposed. You have to blow up both sides to defeat him.

Fly over or under to the other side.

Resogun is awesome.
Killzone looks amazing.
Controller is perfection

got mine today, installed my m4 512gb ssd. only game I picked up right away was madden. when I have time to game its either on my pc or sports games on the console (typically).

madden looks far better on ps4, no surprise. I catch myself actually stopping to watch all the replays which I have never done on any madden game. also on ps3 switching menus and tabs was unbearably slow. now those switch almost instantly.

the console itself is super quiet. I love the controller. I have no issue with the light and my projector as others have had. I really like the interface.

I will post more when I get a few more games.

I just picked up the PS4 Camera today... and NBA2k14. It's great!! I got most of the achievements from the playroom, but I don't have a 2nd controller to get the trophies for the air hockey.

For Resogun, I already beat it on rookie..

I'm taking a break from Killzone. That game gives me nightmares.

i want to like killzone, but it just isn't doing it for me. part of the issue is that the field of view is far too narrow for my liking and it gives a weird claustrophobic sensation. i end up sprinting a lot because it widens the field of view enough that it isn't uncomfortable to look at. anyone else experience this?

i want to like killzone, but it just isn't doing it for me. part of the issue is that the field of view is far too narrow for my liking and it gives a weird claustrophobic sensation. i end up sprinting a lot because it widens the field of view enough that it isn't uncomfortable to look at. anyone else experience this?

My problem with Killzone is that it will be incredibly easy until you get to a certain section. Then it's just aggravating. Constantly dying and respawning. Every chapter is like that.

Playstation 4 Firmware update to 1.51

Just told me to download it.

Its 323MB in size. I'll post any impressions.

Edit : Patch notes say "Stability improvements"

Last edited:
Yeah, I read the sony announcement from Flipboard earlier and checked if there was an update. Glad to see it started :)

I noticed when I uploaded a video from nba2k14 to facebook it doesn't have sound. But my buddys Killzone has sound.

does the ps4 controller with the ps4 headset+mic plugged into it work when the ps4 controller is plugged into a ps3?

Yes. I noticed that little sprinting side effect and found myself doing that in some areas when I felt lost. I stopped playing the first Killzone over a similar issue. The second Killzone kept the pace up and I died due to my own stupidity and impatience when I was tired. I haven't really done anything with KZ3, it's in the PS3 game stack somewhere. I'm not going to lie, the actual gameplay in Killzone 4 is lacking, although I do like how the controls feels, so I sticking with it for now.

I'm not going to lie, I'm having more fun with Resogun and Injustice. Killzone 4 hasn't annoyed me enough to stop playing it yet, and I have plenty to do when that gets too boring, so I'm not worried about it.

If PS4 is using HDCP on gameplay output, how are video game reviewers legally capturing footage to use in their reviews? Striping out HDCP with a converter is not legal and I can't imagine that's how Sony expects you to do it.

Last edited:
If PS4 is using HDCP on gameplay output, how are video game reviewers legally capturing footage to use in their reviews? Striping out HDCP with a converter is not legal and I can't imagine that's how Sony expects you to do it.

Official reviewers are given a dev kit which can output without HDCP. It's just us plebs who need to strip out HDCP in order to capture without the horrible quality.

For those who own Madden25 on PS4, do you need PSN+ to download roster updates, similar to how you need Live Gold to download them on Xbox?

Monoprice HDMI to DVI converter. It still is being sold and still works.

Hi all i have a couple of questions.

First of all does the ps4 come with wifi built in?

second of all do i need to update it or can i play as soon as i switch it on?

i wont have proper internet until 6th december!

Yes to the wifi being built in.

You can play the games without going online for the update. You may want to for other features. You don't need to go online with it still, just get a USB and download the patch from a PC to USB.

Yes it does and no you don't, though I'd try and get the update via USB somehow.

For those who own Madden25 on PS4, do you need PSN+ to download roster updates, similar to how you need Live Gold to download them on Xbox?

I guess I'm not sure. I used the 30 day trial for PSN+ that came with the console. I let it login in automatically, so it updates automatically.

ps4vita.jpg

LINK

The Vita is great, and so is the PS4. Probably the best bundle ever. Remote play works very well. I was playing Assassins Creed and Resogun with remote play over the internet at my girlfriends. Worked pretty well, however, you could tell there was input lag in Need for Speed and Blacklight. My only complaint is the button layout can suck.

Unfortunately that link only says in the UK. I don't know why it wouldn't be in the US though.

The headphone jack with the controller is not the best using quality Razer gaming headphones too I recommend playing with speakers for the best experience just got a optical cable in the mail from ebay a amazon basics and now I'm rocking in killzone is so much better.

The headphone jack with the controller is not the best using quality Razer gaming headphones too I recommend playing with speakers for the best experience just got a optical cable in the mail from ebay a amazon basics and now I'm rocking in killzone is so much better.

This.. I have the G9 Logitech 7.1 wireless headphones and I can't crank up the volume even when I already have 100% volume thru settings. :( I guess I might go to optical route

Well I have had my PS4 since the midnight launch and I took the week off to play.

I've played the following games:

Knack
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Call of Duty Ghosts
Rezogun

Overall I have had a flawless experience for the most part. A couple of times I found I had to quit my game before applying a game update (even though the system was on standby, it only downloaded the update and it didn't apply it). They need to tweak that but it wasn't too big of a deal.

Download speed for patches etc. seems to be fast. The day one update was already downloaded before I had a chance to check in the download section, so really no waiting for that on day one. I did have some trouble signing in but it was good to go after I came back the next day (gotta sleep anyway).

The included mic/heaset is a joke and Sony should be ashamed... There isn't even a volume control on it, you have to go into a menu on the console to control the sound? The mike quality could be better too. It's cool that they used a standard 3.5mm headset connector but unfortunately I don't happen to have any compatible headsets on hand that I would want to use (they are all in ear headphones, not so great for chat). Being able to send the audio to the controller is cool for those with Families that don't want to spent $100s on "gaming headphones.". The quality of the headset port was OK but your going to need a pretty efficient pair of headphones to get a good experience there (ie: the port is not too loud/powerful).

Biggest problem? No one else I know bought one so I've mostly been playing single player. I did play some COD Ghosts and the experience was flawless, no disconnects or getting kicked from lobbies which was all too common on the Xbox 360 (past COD games).

It's going to take some time to materialize but for a gaming machine, I'd say Sony hit it bang on. It's, compact and sleek looking, seems to stay fairly quiet, the controller is the best I've ever used, the interface is snappy and responsive and the launch games I bought were fun for the most part. Killzone is probably over hyped, I would say of all the games I've played I liked that one the least.

I found using my shure's with the ds4 was pretty loud and had to play with volume to keep it manageable. I ended up using a portable amp for quick volume control.

...using quality Razer gaming headphones...
There is no such thing as "quality Razer gaming headphones"

Havent used my ps4 much, as all i have is killzone and im not a fan of console shooters. looks great though.

resogun on the other hand, is frigging awesome. 10/10

I finished Knack and thought it was a very good game. The story was OK but nothing I would consider very memorable.

I started playing Injustice, and there seems to be some kind of framerate issues during the cut scenes. The fighting parts seemed fine with no issues, but as it progressed the story, it was like the framerate went off during the sequence here and there. AC4, Knack and Killzone don't have anything like that even during the cutscene sequences, I guess this is a bad port.

Anyone else's unit make a terrible noise when you have a disk in the drive?

Going to contact Amazon for a replacement if it keeps up tonight.

Last edited:
I was too....then i gave it more then five minutes....i'm human.

Im close to getting platinum on Resogun.. I just have to do the 1CC.. beat arcade mode on expert without losing all my lives..

..and beat one level on master.

Ohhh... and rescue two humans within 1 second. That seems the hardest for me :)

Drive stopped making terrible noise, thank God. Tried the browser today...terrible.

Back