A return to PC building and tweaking

Agent Orange 615

[H]ard|Gawd
I feel I have no idea where to tell this quick story, but I think you guys here will appreciate it a lot. I feel pretty old when I look at when my join date is, but now I'm 28. In high school I turned pc building, pc gaming, tweaking, overclocking, etc into a full time hobby. This site was integral back then for that, and the community. I remember the breaking off of genmay also and all that. Anyway, the ultimate career path ended up being video editing for major networks.
With that I saw my free time dwindle, along with patience, and went with a mac book Pro and never looked back. Great time, but recently found myself building a new company with a partner, and due to the FCPX being a bit too radical for a lot of editors out there, and the prices on mac units, we built windows boxes from scratch. Opting for a machine that can run AVID and CS5.5/6. I have to say getting back into building has been one of the most rewarding experiences. Having control back over everything, and the power/money ratio. I don't enjoy the occasional problem and headache, especially the ones I had with SSD's failing, but you learn from your mistakes.
Overall though everything is running great, and work is getting done very fast.

That's about it, I wanted to say thank you to the community for being weird but helpful. Also not dissing macs, still love em, but I did miss the satisfaction for customizing my own machines.

I also recently made the return to PC building (my parts should be coming in today). I've been a member for a while myself, and I'm now 24. This forum is just as great as I remember it being all those years ago, and coming back to it's wealth of knowledge from the community is impressive.

I do want a Mac though, sometimes I get tired of the headache's PC's can bring.

I'm a long time builder and I've always had an appreciation for the Mac design. Aesthetically, their stuff is off the charts and the simplicity of the OS is appreciated, too.
This isn't the 90's - there's definitely something to be said for both sides of the street.

Welcome back to the PC!

But I do agree that Macs can be tempting sometimes. Hell I've recommended quite a few Macs in the past few months to some better off friends.

Back