A really extreme case-modding

Did you just take apart the original x-arcade controller and put it in a new layout or did you get all new buttons and joysticks? I have an older broken arcade cabinet and I've recently gotten really interested in MAME.

Did you just take apart the original x-arcade controller and put it in a new layout or did you get all new buttons and joysticks? I have an older broken arcade cabinet and I've recently gotten really interested in MAME.

Hi. I just put it in a new layout, but monday or tuesday I will recieve two new Sanwa ball-top joysticks and 12 new buttons in red and orange :)

I have made huge improvements on the controls and artwork. Check the homepage, hope you like it!

It looks awesome. Maybe I'll get around to trying something like this in a year or so.

Great work, very classy. On a side note, Damn you got a nice refrigerator! Like it belongs in a restaurant.

Great work, very classy. On a side note, Damn you got a nice refrigerator! Like it belongs in a restaurant.

Yes, that is a very very nice refrigerator, but unfortunately it is my dads :( But they own a catering business :) Had to make the cabinet at my dads, because he has alot of powertools :D

Ive always wanted to make a Mame closet. Someday, Someday. The joysticks and button always seemed to be way too expensive so i took a risk and bought one of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3706 Ive been very pleased with it. Its hooked up to my HTPC but its proving to be a problem getting it connected so i can play from the couch roughly 15 ft away.

I also created my own custom made controlpanel art in illustrator.
Got any pics of what that looks like? Ive been interested in doing that. Also what version of Mame are you running?

Ive always wanted to make a Mame closet. Someday, Someday. The joysticks and button always seemed to be way too expensive so i took a risk and bought one of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3706 Ive been very pleased with it. Its hooked up to my HTPC but its proving to be a problem getting it connected so i can play from the couch roughly 15 ft away.

Got any pics of what that looks like? Ive been interested in doing that. Also what version of Mame are you running?

You can find the pictures on the homepage: http://www.koenigs.dk/mame/eng/

I run the newest version of mame.

Awesome, just awesome. Ive been itching to do one of these for a few years, I just dont have the room in my apartment for one:mad:

Looks great. Could you send me a link to where you got the program to run the games. Ive been on mamedev.org, but the downloads are binary roms, and i don't really understand how to install those. Do you know where I could find detailed instrutctions, or a simpler program.

Looks great. Could you send me a link to where you got the program to run the games. Ive been on mamedev.org, but the downloads are binary roms, and i don't really understand how to install those. Do you know where I could find detailed instrutctions, or a simpler program.

Sure, you can find the link on my homepage here:
http://www.koenigs.dk/mame/eng/specs.htm

It is down in the bottom of the screen. It's easy to use and has an install and settings wizard too.

I have one more question. I got Gameex installed, as well as Mame32, and a NES emulator, but its saying no roms are found. I have about 20 NES roms, some are .nes, others are still zipped up (I'm not sure which format it wants, so I left both)

In the advanced settings, I have the correct folder for the roms, but its just not finding anything. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Once I get this figured out, I think I'm going to build it. I have monitor, and a laptop, so the hardware is free, and since I work at Lowes, I can get damaged wood for 90% off, I just discard the damaged parts, and the rest is good. It may take me a month or so to get 3-4 pieces of the same wood, but I'm not going to build this outside when its 10 degrees anyway. My only real cost should be the joystick. If I go through with this, I'll be sure to post lots of pics.

That's just an incredible job! That's one of the best custom cases I've ever seen.

Looks really nice, all that's missing is a slot for quarters!

Really inspiring, actually looks like a (relatively) cheap mod considering the outcome.

Just need a good grasp of tools (and where to steal them!).

Really sexy looking.

I'd ask for an estimate you paid for materials but I know Sweden has crack prices.

Looks really nice, all that's missing is a slot for quarters!

Really inspiring, actually looks like a (relatively) cheap mod considering the outcome.

Just need a good grasp of tools (and where to steal them!).

Really sexy looking.

I'd ask for an estimate you paid for materials but I know Sweden has crack prices.

Im front Denmark, but that only makes it much more expensice. But an estimate... All parts are new inclusive computer and lcd monitor. I would say about $1300 everything included, in USA it would probably cost about $900-1000. Not much more than most people pay for a poor gamer pc :)

Back