A real computer desk...

It says you can have any computer installed.. so basically, you could buy one of these and put in any component you want? That would be nifty...

Dude this is the enemy of case modders. Id to have to mod a desk.... :eek:

That's insane....I guess it'd be usefull for incredibly, psychotically, outrageously minimalistic people...or people who live anywhere which can be referred to as "gangsterville". Other than that...eh, I don't think I'd have use for it.

this is what Lian Li computer desk should have been... but failed to live up to IMO

anyway.. going to drop them an emial and see what it cost... along with shipping to the states.

loook!! it is an apple desk!

i know who will be buying those, same people who buy Apples and then wonder , mmm, how do i put my case in the desk!

:D

If everything is integrated into the desk, how does it cool parts down? Sinks? Fans? Can you add a video card? If a part goes, do you have to return the desk?

Hmm, I think people who don't want a tower should go SFF, and if they don't want that, imac.

MrGuvernment said:
loook!! it is an apple desk!

:D

Ewww, it's gonna be on tv soon.

The iDesk.

I guess the ad campaign will be someone rocking out in silhouette in their computer chair at the desk.

With non-lifting Powerdesks from £1,080 and lifting models from just £1,550
:eek: OUCH!!!!! :eek:

While the concept is pretty cool, at that price, I'm betting anyone with any modding skills could make 3 of them! :rolleyes:

PCduster said:
Ewww, it's gonna be on tv soon.

The iDesk.

I guess the ad campaign will be someone rocking out in silhouette in their computer chair at the desk.

No the silhouette will have someone looking at pron and spanking... lol that would be hilarious!!

seriously, I used to have a sweet idea for building a deskputer, never did it, since I'm not as good with wood as some are, hehe. Cool idea for the non-mobile among us.

Standpoint said:
If everything is integrated into the desk, how does it cool parts down? Sinks? Fans? Can you add a video card? If a part goes, do you have to return the desk?

Don't be a donkey. Look through their site. You can see the holes for the fans on the underside. They say you can put any computer in it, so..... I guess you could put any graphics card in it.

Very nice desk.

Nivram said:
:eek: OUCH!!!!! :eek:

While the concept is pretty cool, at that price, I'm betting anyone with any modding skills could make 3 of them! :rolleyes:

I dunno, that price includes the PC thats built into it with LCD and keyboard/mouse. Assuming the PC is of a decent quality, that seems a reasonable price. Of course, I'm not positive about the conversion to US dollars.

suffice to say the pound is stronger than the dollar so you'd be looking at 2K-ish? No offense Powerdesk...cute idea but you can bet your ass I'm not wasting my money in your direction. I do have to admit though...if I get involved in ONE MORE FINANCIALLY DISABLING HOBBY I'M GOING TO SCREAM!!!! (As /me saves towards his first FFL ClassIII purchase)

If that price is for the PC they have selected, installed, then I understand. I wonder if it would be significantly cheaper to get a bare one?

Xaeos said:
If that price is for the PC they have selected, installed, then I understand. I wonder if it would be significantly cheaper to get a bare one?
Anybody reading this thread is more likely thinking about getting a desk and putting a rig in it than buying the iDesk barebones imo. Not bad, but not spectacular. Just another company mass producing something that modders have already done. I wonder if you can get it with a glass top to see in or with a Raptor-X drive and some LED's. Oh wait, that's next year's model.

there is a glass top version.. but I dont' believe you can see in.

http://www.powerdesk.com/the-powerdesk/powerdesk_config.html

I saw a desk / computer mode many many years back.. all aluminum (sp) that had
a 'slash' cut out on top that you could look down into the desk and see the puter.. what I didn't like was the mod also had the KB embeded into the desk also.. :rolleyes:

my desk design is along this concept but there is a quick release tray on the bottom that one can drop out the main guts of the PC and upgrade, then plug back in. All CD/DVD/USB/KB/MONITOR all stay put.

Back