A question on using breakout cables

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 29, 2000
Messages
11,057
So I just bought an M1015 card from a member on this board.

I want to use Sata drives with it, so I believe I need forward breakout cables.

I found a breakout cable that has the SAS connector on one end that goes to the card and 4 SATA connections on the other end.

Do I still provide power the standard way as I do the HDD's that are plugged into the SATA connections on the MB?
 
I found a breakout cable that has the SAS connector on one end that goes to the card and 4 SATA connections on the other end.

Make sure it is a forward breakout cable to SATA

SFF8087 forward breakout cable in the case of the M1015

monoprice usually has these cheap.

Do I still provide power the standard way as I do the HDD's that are plugged into the SATA connections on the MB?

Yes.

Although I usually use hot swap cages.
 
Back
Top