A question about Anthem

_l_

[H]ard|Gawd
" It's also safe to assume Anthem will be an entirely online experience, forcing those playing solo to still connect to game servers."

what, exactly, does that mean? I play solo, no multiplayer stuff. Will the game I play be subject to unavailability when my cable internet is down or is it just to prevent piracy when first starting up the game after install?

My reaction:

tenor.gif

It's like The Division, you can play solo but your client will need to connect to their servers to play. It's a GaaS title, avoid if you don't have a stable internet connection.

https://hardforum.com/threads/biowares-new-ip-anthem.1936814/

If you take everything compiled since E3 in the last page or so of this thread it's basically coming down to a mix of Destiny, Division, Monster Hunter components...always online...as yet unknown just how much "story/narrative/character/Bioware goodness" actually shows up and can be done in this kind of game setup.

I think because of the nature of what these games are there's only so far they can do story, narrative, and characters. This will not be a "vintage Bioware game" married to those other game concepts. I simply can't see how that can happen.

They're so deep into requiring a connection that they get to pick the weather conditions for players. If there's a storm Tuesday night they want people to share the experience.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back