A Picture I Took 2014 - Contains NSFW Images

imgp.php

nothing special , but...

This shot was an accident... on my MF I accidentally turned my shutter speed to 8 secs.. I got impatient and turned it off half way.... and this is what came out of it..

Well I forgot to change my Fuji X-T1 to RAW... So here is one shot in jpeg, at f/1.2 with a 3 stop ND filter in complete darkness

I definitely need to get some ND filters, currently looking at the Tiffen variable one, in 58mm guise. Here's a recent shot with the 6D and Samyang 14/2.8:

I advice against variable ND filters. While I haven't used Tiffen one, I have used the vari-ND from Singh Ray, and it was the worst thing ever. Inconsistency and terrible bleeding around the edges are the two main "features" I got with it. Wasn't too bad on the crop camera, but it was unusable on the full frame. I use LEE grads almost exclusively now (2 stops works for just about everything)

Who knows, maybe Tiffen has its thing figured out. Bottom part of this thread might be of interest to you. YMMV.

@Anh H,
Awesome shots. Any reason why you/they didn't just unscrew the license plate for the photo shoot?

@Anh H,
Awesome shots. Any reason why you/they didn't just unscrew the license plate for the photo shoot?
Heh. To be honest, I was so distracted by the cars and models that I forgot about the license plate. But will keep that in mind if I ever get the chance to do it again. :)

I'd be distracted too, with that model in the latex dress posing by the Lambo.

I've got some good stuff to share with you guys, probably tonight or tomorrow once I get everything copied over to my desktop and stuff uploaded to Flickr. I've been busy: a lingerie photoshoot last weekend, and I spent the last few days in Osaka and Kyoto...coming back with some (IMO) amazing images.

First, the lingerie shoot:

Really not liking the new Flickr interface for sharing photos... :/

Nice stuff, Daggah!

I'll be going to Rome next week for a few days but doubt I will take anything but my EOS-M.

One more for now...I'll post more stuff tomorrow:

Nice shot!

Have you ever tried shooting with a ND filter to either blur or remove the people in the scene? I just got a 10-stop B+W and have been wanting to give it a try.

Nice shot!

Have you ever tried shooting with a ND filter to either blur or remove the people in the scene? I just got a 10-stop B+W and have been wanting to give it a try.

Yeah, I've done that before...I don't really care for the color cast I got from my 9-stop ND filter though. And that was supposed to be a good one (I think it was a B&W.)

Here's one from today...my beautiful model was a real trooper, braving some bad weather (though it did clear up) to make this planned shoot happen:

For once I get to splurge and post a few. :D

IMG_0319-2.jpg

Guardian to Vatican

IMG_0606.jpg

Trevi Fountain scultpure.

IMG_0412.jpg

Roman Forum in spring bloom.

IMG_0439.jpg

Roman blossoms.

IMG_0445.jpg

Holding up the sky.

IMG_0485.jpg

Silent Sentinels

IMG_0511.jpg

Curves and Colors

I actually had these completed a long time ago. But just getting around to posting them here on the [H] now. Anyway, here are the other two from the same session.

Jeremiah_Bostwick_-_Nicole_Gavin_-_Grace_-_IMG_8736.jpg

Jeremiah_Bostwick_-_Nicole_Gavin_-_In_the_Spotlight_-_IMG_8884.jpg

I actually had these completed a long time ago. But just getting around to posting them here on the [H] now. Anyway, here are the other two from the same session.

Glad to see you posting again, always love your images and insights. I really really LOVE this one!!!

Glad to see you posting again, always love your images and insights. I really really LOVE this one!!!

That is some seriously high praise. Thank you. I'll try to live up to it.
I wish I was getting enough work to be posting more often.

For what it's worth, you put up some killer work as well.

Last edited:

Veni Vidi Vigor! by Jonathan Baczek, on Flickr

THE REPRO-LATHE by Jonathan Baczek, on Flickr

Last edited:
A few more from my shoot with Maiko:

The last shot is 135mm at f/9...it's pretty hard to get a larger depth of field on full-frame at 135mm...the phone is already out of focus. I was trying to get the background a little more in focus to provide more context for the shot.

Jeremiah_Bostwick_-_Nicole_Gavin_-_Grace_-_IMG_8736.jpg

Do you have more shots from this session? The model I shot with a few weekends ago (lingerie) wants to do a dance-themed shoot because she has professional ballet training. I really like the silhouette shot.

Back