** A Picture I Took - 2010 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly pp at all... Except for my default outdoor preset that I used in lightroom. Beauty dish is great for these types of shots.

Either the 24-105L f/4 or 70-200L f/2.8 IS. For lighting it was either natural light, AB1600 with beauty dish or modeling light from photogenic monolight.

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

Taken with Canon XSi/ 18-55mm lens

Gooseberry Falls State Park in Minnesota, just north of Duluth (The picture of the lighthouse is of Lake Superior in Duluth)

I was up there visiting a friend last week it was pretty cool.

I really like how the camera captures the water in a stringy sort of way... it almost doesn't look fluid, more sewn together.

View from my balcony in the Pan Pacific Hotel Yokohama. (continuing to edit my vacations lol)

All these are a bit old. I recently got into photography and these are some of my early stuff (slayer9019.deviantart.com)

Me 2 years ago
stogie_by_slayer9019.jpg

Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Newark NJ (aka home)
ghetto_contrast_by_slayer9019.jpg

My old railing
Rings_by_slayer9019.jpg

Me ridin the concrete wave!
Surfin_concrete_by_slayer9019.jpg

My old house
Yup_its_simply_that_by_slayer9019.jpg

Got the urge to take my family's first digital camera out today. It is a Kodak DC260 with 1.5 mega-pixels. Almost no settings exist on the thing, and it often picks too yellow of a white balance which is annoying if there are people in the shots. It can take pleasing pictures though.

Salmon_Day_Lily_by_Adam_Bavier_1024x682.jpg

Wild_Geranium_by_Adam_Bavier_1024x682.jpg

Day_Lily_and_Wild_Flowers_by_Adam_Bavier_1024x682.jpg

Holly_Hock_and_Oak_Leafs_by_Adam_Bavier_1024x682.jpg

Back_Lit_Hosta_Flower_by_Adam_Bavier_1024x682.jpg

Hosta_Flowers_by_Adam_Bavier_1024x682.jpg

More from the Hong Kong series. It was so cloudy that day that I had abandoned all hopes of getting a clear skyline view from the Peak. So I ventured into Wan Chai and Central to visit some of the ridiculous malls of HK Island.

Not a good shot by any means but gets you thinking WTF the city is busy... Highway 401 as dearly known by the locals stretches to a width of 18 lanes (20 with the off ramps). Quite mind boggling IMO for a country of 30 million.

Few snapshots from after work earlier today. Bit of playing around with split toning and B&W in Lightroom. Man, I need to get out and shoot more.

2010-0730_01_sm.jpg

2010-0730_02_sm.jpg

2010-0730_05_sm.jpg

More from the Hong Kong series. It was so cloudy that day that I had abandoned all hopes of getting a clear skyline view from the Peak. So I ventured into Wan Chai and Central to visit some of the ridiculous malls of HK Island.

I think that looks pretty nice.

^ ^ Thanks for the compliment! Hope you enjoyed my HK photos. Going to do a writeup soon.

I was Midtown today. (Yonge/Eg.)

This was the shot before... Had to clone and content aware it out.
4851552170_e5440f66ca_z.jpg

Saw this BMW Driving Training at Minto????!!?
4850872151_fae426d74b_b.jpg

Hey guys. I know it's been a while since I posted. I was I have been on an extended workation in Vegas. Anyway... just wanted to give you all an update.

I finally got my D700!!!!!!

Pictures to follow soon.

Has anyone shot a fitness competition? I'll be in the press seats (front row) and I'm thinking I should bring my 24mm instead of my 50mm.

Any suggestions?

Cool shots, Ben! Congrats on the new camera! *jealous* :)

I shot a gym meet earlier this year, but I was about 10 rows back in the stands, so not too up close (not much of a sports fan, can you tell). I used 70-300mm exclusively, mostly at the long end, and didn't need anything wider. I think you'll mostly want a longer lens for getting up close to the action, unless they're going to let you walk around on the floor wherever you want and get really close up. I'd say 50mm should be about right for most of it, but bring a 70+mm lens too just in case. Might as well bring the 24 in case you want a shot of the whole floor, but I have a feeling it won't get much use.

Hey everyone, new to this thread. I shoot with a Canon 5D, and this shot was taken of my wife a couple weeks ago with the 24-70L lens

_MG_9052filter.jpg

^^^ Very cool composition! Really needs the levels fixed though so the white is at full-blast again - that gray-tone where the whites should be is really bothering me. I'd also bump up the saturation on the colored parts too while you're at it, but that's just my oppinion.

edit, I think you were right about the white level, at first I thought that I liked it as is, but after comparing it, I'm digging it with your suggestion, thank you. I also tried it in straight B&W, and it looks awesome, but I'm still very fond of the purple in there, it feels very rock & roll to me.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back