A Picture I Took - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
2943687257_453ecbe92d_o.jpg

2944544908_a2b78501d5_o.jpg

2946158125_219496484f_o.jpg

2944547320_a23db21c70_o.jpg

Nice gallery! Thought I'd try to be like darktiger for a minute :D

3 exposures merged to HDR, tone mapped, and then played around with a bit for the "toy" look. Could use a lot more work, but this is my first attempt:

Toy1HDR.jpg

Those "toy" style images freak me out when they're done right, and that one looks great. I've seen some pretty large ones, cityscapes, with people in the pics, and it's just the coolest effect because, as someone that studied architecture in high school and later on, building those models of homes and buildings I'd designed would typically mean placing small trees, foliage, and yes even tiny "people" in the models, and that's the feeling I get every time I see one of these weird but cool images. :D

Great shot, and great results...

I like it, I would keep one of the bridge/fence area in focus though. Well that is what I would do, I am not sure what the primary point that people should be looking at is? Well unless it is the grass or the middle tree on the left.

Just recently got a Canon G9.... while nothing compared to the DSLR's it's decent for a compact. Messing with trying to make a HDR shot from 3 exposures. Alignment is off since I shot this without a tripod handy.

I like it, I would keep one of the bridge/fence area in focus though. Well that is what I would do, I am not sure what the primary point that people should be looking at is? Well unless it is the grass or the middle tree on the left.

Well, what I learned from the tutorial is that these type of images are better taken further away from any actual subject, so you take a focal point (usually the middle of the entire scene) and make that the area of focus. Angle is also an issue. This shot was closer-up, and at a different angle than what was recommended for this type of shot, so blurring the middle of the image included blurring that bush. This was my first experiment, and it was just that. Like I said. it needs a lot of work. ;)

Either way, NICE HDR shots!

Just a reminder if anyone is in the area (I live in downtown Las Vegas):

The Nellis Air Show is this weekend (Sat-Sun) sooo... I'm hoping to get out there early on Saturday and snap some stuff, if I can make it out and back I'll post some of the choice shots. Get more info at: http://www.aviationnation.org/

darktiger, really nice scenery shots. may i ask what lens and camera you use?

thx guys, i liked the squirrel pic too ;)

Thanks for the comments spacey. I currently use my 5D and 24-105 for 90% of my shots. I love full frame and cannot go back to a crop camera. I soon will be using the 5D Mark II :) in a few weeks.

Fairly new to the [H], but I've been enjoying all the photos. Here's one of mine.

A couple of my 7 month old from a few weeks ago. Rebel XT Canon 70-200 F4L

IMG_7603-2.jpg

IMG_7651-2.jpg

IMG_7658-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back