A "[H]ard" surface mouse pad?

zamardii12

2[H]4U
I ordered a XL Mousepad a while ago but returned it b/c I don't like soft mousepads... my hands get sweaty and it just feels terrible. Are there any Large surface area hard surface mousepads? I am having a lot of trouble finding a mousepad with a "hard" surface to it.

For what its worth. Some people use kitchen cutting boards as mouse pads. It takes a bit of fine sanding to remove the edges for your wrist (if not already rounded) and smooth the surface out depending on friction ridges. I tied it once and where it worked, it was not my preference. Obviously do not get the clear ones unless you put a liner on the surface.

Jonnycat99

Limp Gawd
I used to use a piece of plastic laminate (formica/wilsonart/etc.) as my mouse "pad". It was incredibly slick against teflon mouse pads and dirt cheap for a big chunk of it that you could cut to whatever size/shape you wanted.

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
Razers new Hard mouse pad is ok but the size isn't very big. I didn't like it because the mouse moved way too fast.

grim4593

Limp Gawd
If you can find a Corsair MM600 aluminum mouse pad it is a great product. It is solid and durable with a different texture on each side. I game on my couch with my mousepad in my lap - it has zero flex and the textured surfaces have held up well over the years.
It is currently not available on Amazon though... This Black Hawk aluminum mouse pad looks to be an equivalent - It looks nearly identical down to the rubber bumpers but I can't personally vouch for it though.

FighterAce124

2[H]4U
Lie, cheat, or steal your way to a Ratpadz XT. Its the greatest mousepad in existence. Ive had mine since the manuf run in 06 or somewhere around there, still as good as day 1.

Krenum

Fully [H]
that 12x12x.25 would make a nice pad, i think. texture looks similar to what my giganta i used to have.

Yeah, its fairly easy to cut too if you wanted a custom size & don't have access to a band saw. I would maybe suggest using a really fine sandpaper over it first to make it smoother.

tunatime

Well...OK
Yeah, its fairly easy to cut too if you wanted a custom size & don't have access to a band saw. I would maybe suggest using a really fine sandpaper over it first to make it smoother.
If it's that easy to make something that's very colse to a Ratpadz you should start making them I'm sure a few people would pick them up.

Krenum

Fully [H]
If it's that easy to make something that's very colse to a Ratpadz you should start making them I'm sure a few people would pick them up.
That's a good idea. Materials are expensive though. I've had some ideas. Maybe I will make a prototype.